Is Jerry Nelson okay?

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
I am wondering, I haven't seen Jerry Nelson do anything on Sesame Street in quite a while. I am wondering if he is allright. They seem to be phasing his charachters out of the show. The Count is only seen in the number of the day segments, which are all reruns from 2 years ago. I never see Herry Monster anymore, unless it's in a rerun clip from a few years back. Mumford hasn't been around in a few years, and I haven't seen Fat Blue or Simon the Soundman in a few years either. What is going on with Jerry? Is he planning on retiring???

ssetta

Reaction score
Believe it or not, The Count made a cameo appearance in the street scene of episode 4081, the one that aired this past Friday. And there were a few new "number of the day" segments with The Count this season. So, he is still around.

teebs

Reaction score
Jerry's had some "health issues," as he puts it, for the past couple years. He still does what he can on Sesame Street, including this season. Just a few weeks ago, he made an appearance as The Count on MSNBC.

If you like, it might be nice to send him a letter or email and let him know how much you appreciate him. :sing:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
maybe i'll do that. i once wrote to him askin g him to join my pBS yahoo group. so far along with Bob and Sonia Manzano, he never even responeded. it be nice if they would join theese message boards.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Jerry's actually posted on MC before (was it the old Delphi forum?). I've heard here and elsewhere that Jerry's had some undefined health issues, but he seemed to be pretty good when he was at the MOTR in New York in the fall.

As a matter of fact he mentioned Muppet Central (and Tough Pigs too) during the discussion panel!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
teebs said:
Jerry's had some "health issues," as he puts it, for the past couple years. He still does what he can on Sesame Street, including this season. Just a few weeks ago, he made an appearance as The Count on MSNBC.

OH! I wish I had seen this show!!!

COUNT:

Since we're celebrating our 35th anniversary, and you're celebrating your first anniversary, we thought it would be nice to bring you one, one wonderful present.

(LAUGHTER, LIGHTNING)

OLBERMAN:

OK. That's the first time that's ever happened here deliberately.
OLBERMAN:look at this. This is wonderful, Count. Thank you. Look, we have the number one. How about that? Perhaps for the rest of the show I can wear it.

COUNT:

Oh, beautiful.

OLBERMAN:

Is that what it's designed for?

COUNT:

You can put it up anywhere you like.

OLBERMAN:

I didn't know where you were going with that remark.
OLBERMAN:

Thanks for the number one. Our number of viewers.
Jerry is a genius!!

zanimum

Reaction score
Mumford was in an episode last season, where he makes Rubber Duckie gigantic. So everyone knows, 4081 is Rosita Wishes She Didn't Have an Accent.

Also, the Big Bad Wolf, which is usually Jerry, stars in 4082, Big Bad Wolf Huffs and Puffs When he Loses.

core

Reaction score
It's a little bit unclearly for me,
but is Jerry Nelson replace by an other performer who can play the Count?
I'm afraid nobody else.
Because Jerry Nelson is an irreplaceble performer.

Mebe he can write a scanario of the end of his charakters in Sesame Street.
In the real world people also die or they need pension. Don't they?

I think if Jerry Nelson go with pension, his charakters have to go with pension or something like that.

B.t.w.
I'd like to write him but I'm not sure.
Mebe he gets so many posts he has need a secratary who answer me or somebody else who write him.

The problem for me is I can just onley send him a fanmail, but it's difficoult to get answer from him if I have got a few questions. And I have questions when I write him.

teebs

Reaction score
core said:
It's a little bit unclearly for me,
but is Jerry Nelson replace by an other performer who can play the Count?
Jerry still does the voices for his Sesame Street characters, even if he does not do the actual puppeteering.

core said:
Because Jerry Nelson is an irreplaceble performer.
Too true. We miss him when he doesn't perform. :sympathy:

core said:
I'd like to write him but I'm not sure.
Mebe he gets so many posts he has need a secratary who answer me or somebody else who write him.
Jerry personally answers his own fanmail. So definitely write to him! And go ahead and ask your questions. He'll write back.

:sing: