What happened to all the classic clips?

salemfan

Reaction score
Season 35 of Sesame Street has been pretty good, but there haven't been very many classic clips used, specifically letter and number clips. The letter and number segments haven't used many of the classic clips. The last season with many classic clips was Season 33, and then in seasons 34-35, only a few classic clips have been used.
Whatever happened to all the classic animated clips such as Alligator King, Martian Beauty, Penny Candy Man, Villain in the Panama Hat, or We all live in a Capital I?

Victoria

Reaction score
I miss old SS too! Forgetful Jones, Kermit and his Newsflash! I just bought Learning to Count Numbers. It is dated '86 and has the best old clips! :smile:

Splurge

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, we have to remember that there are less new shows per season to put classic clips into. Seasons 34-35, which were mentioned, have only 26 shows per season, meaning every letter shown once.

Luckily, it's also good to remember that a lot of classic clips do exist in commercial video and DVD alone. Some clips are also on CD-ROM, too. And that's before we consider foreign versions retaining some clips like Plaza Sesamo.

And nobody really knows what the future may hold.

I guess it seems like I'm lighting a candle.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I've been watching SS,and I've noticed an old song,There's A Bird on Me.It was on last week,done to fresher animation,animals looked almost like they were made of orgami shapes.The song was a lot fast than we remember it.Glad to see SS trying to bring back some classics(updated) that have been forgotten or shelved for awhile. :excited:

salemfan

Reaction score
Splurge said:
Well, unfortunately, we have to remember that there are less new shows per season to put classic clips into. Seasons 34-35, which were mentioned, have only 26 shows per season, meaning every letter shown once.
Well, with only 26 episodes, numbers could only be used once or twice. Also, the show doesn't use as many clips as it used to, and in season 35, many new guest star and parody clips debuted such as Dr. Feel, Larry King, Norah Jones Don't Know "Y", Far From Seven, and TriangleBob TrianglePants. So space was limited for clips, and it was more important to use the newer clips which I just described than it was to use the older clips.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
blackmail them. look for a picture of the producer with a lampshade on their head at a christmas party.

Frazzle

Reaction score
Splurge said:

Luckily, it's also good to remember that a lot of classic clips do exist in commercial video and DVD alone. Some clips are also on CD-ROM, too. And that's before we consider foreign versions retaining some clips like Plaza Sesamo.

And nobody really knows what the future may hold.

I guess it seems like I'm lighting a candle.
I turned on my tv one morning to find some sort of visual to dry my eyes out & put me to sleep, & I jumped out of bed because old SS clips were being shown. It was about 7am, & I turned on the volume & noticed that the clips were in spanish. It was Plaza Sesamo! They still run the old clips. How cool is that! Now I try to get up early on weekends to tune in & catch some of the old clips when I can. I like to compare them to the english versions I have already seen as a kid. In the 80s, they often dubbed both english & spanish versions of the same clips, sometimes running them back to back. Its nice to see them again.