What happened to all the classic clips?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i've seen that a few times. there were a few skits that make me wonder what the english version was. this was last summer so i remember vaguely..one skit involved grover and some anything muppets in snow suits. i think a bear came in at the end. the reason i dont remember was because it was a year ago and i was pretty tired when i was watchin it

astrotrain

Reaction score
I too am in search of the "Vintage Sesame Street" clips. Its hard to track them down.

I enjoyed the classics, such as Bert & Ernie skits (Imagination Airplane, Ernie rips Berts Nose off for the Statue, etc).

And the Kermit the Frog News flashes.

The animated skits from the 70's were a trip. "Make the last thing first", "Counting to 20 (Indian Guru)".

Hopefully CTW... I mean Sesame Street Workshop, will get wind of what the fans (old and new) want, and possible release the early years of SS on DVD
or run more of them in with the newer episodes.

Until then, my quest continues.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well,They might show some classic skits on next year's season!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well i won't say they won't show any, but if astro is saying run more, meaning more than they're showing, i doubt it, and it's only reasonable to figure at this point in time considering how long the show's been on, the ones from the 1st 20 years are pretty much retired. i don't know why so many whether you're talking about muppet skits or others were repeated. some more than others. some that 1 saw durring the SSU run on noggin i either haven't seen them in years up till that point or never did untill these old episodes were pulled out of the vault. but you gotta figure, and while i probably began to watch SS less in the 90s than i did in the 80s, i began to notice less of the older clips being phased out. because i work funny hours, i began to watch SS a lot more often and especially with these format changesthat i really took notice of, it seem silly to keep thinking that more will be shown, especially anything from the 1st 5-10 years of SS's run. i think it's better to see the older shows and not just old segments. even before noggin, i thought that the older SS shows and others should be shown once in a while, especially when they're out of production. why not wish for that instead of the classic clips?

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, when I used to watch Sesame Street in my later years, I used to watch it for the clips as opposed to for the episode storylines. I was into Sesame Street in seventh grade, but when I got back into it in tenth grade, I hoped I'd be into it for a long time, but then they didn't make enough episodes for me to stay into the show! When watching Sesame Street in my teenage years, I used to track what old clips were used on new episodes.

hooperdusty

Reaction score
Plaza Sesamo

Gee! I thought I was the only one who discovered the classic clips dubbed in Spanish on this classic show.

Interesting that some early 80s Oscar/Telly clips have been circulating. You don't even have to know every word to know what's going on, just watching it gives you a good idea.

I have lots of really groovy Spanish clips, as well as the "Shalom Sesame" clips as well.

maxdrive

Reaction score
i would like to see some of the old skits like grover the waiter skits and grovers funny stuff the monster peice theaters more old songs guess all re can do is hope

MuppetDude

Reaction score
hooperdusty said:
Gee! I thought I was the only one who discovered the classic clips dubbed in Spanish on this classic show.
I've got many "Plaza Sesamo" episodes.