The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Kiki

Reaction score
"A Song From Kermit". Well. I think that's what it's called. It's on SSt (you'l see it on Old-School Vol.2). Dunno why I find it so tear-jerking though, it just makes my eyes prickle. I've always had a soft spot fer ol' Kermie.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
on the show, there's not that man, if any, sad moments to me.

at Jim Henson's Funeral, however, i nearly cried twice... maybe three times.

the first when big bird sang it's not easy being green.
the second was frank oz's speech, it was so funny and nice, but when he broke down i nearly bawled.

for some reason, Richard Hunt's speech at the end didn't make me sad, it kinda helped me accept everything... but it still hurt's knowing both he and Jim are gone...

Retrofaze

Reaction score
WOW! Just sitting here reading all of these have me in tears. However, I must say the Muppet Moment that brings me to tears every time is in Muppets Take Manhattan. Saying Goodbye gets me every time. Just thinking of it has me tearing up. I can also remember as a kid, watching the last Muppets show and crying my eyes out. I love the Muppet Show and pray that they will bring it back soon!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone posted this scene yet, but I watched TMM last night, and I was sobbing during that one scene with Kermit right after Gonzo's song "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday."

Red Fraggle

Reaction score
like most evryone else here saying goodbye alwyse gets to me. especially now that im older adn ahve lost some very close relatives anytime i hear that song i cant controll myself.

and also when kermit and piggy get married in tmtm and kermit studders saying "i do" then fianlly gets it out! its so touching its like FINALLY! but it irks me alot that disney says they are not married thats BS!

Muppets from space makes me cry as well, when gonzo is looking at evryones pictures, kermit adn robin,piggy and her nephews and himself all alone on the beach.

KatWoman

Reaction score
The Tribute to Jim Henson, of course. And the part in A Muppet Family Christmas when they sing "It's in Every One of Us." :cry:

Cojo Art

Reaction score
I'd have to say Mr. Hooper's death really did me in.

I am sure that dates me a bit, but watching Big Bird getting sad and confused, and Maria and Bob welling up with real tears. Heavy stuff. As a kid I think it's the first time I had death explained to me by adults without any fluff or BS. He isn't coming back "because." Gordon told Bird. " Just because?" Bird replied. "Just because..." said Gordon.

I think it's also probably the first time I'd seen a grown man cry. The writing was brilliantly crafted. They started such a heavy conversation with Big Bird giving his art to the human cast, portraits that he obviously worked hard on thinking about each of the different people and the reactions they would have when they were given these works.

As an artist that gave me an extra punch in the guts, creating personal, custom work for someone, who will now never be able to experience it. And the not mentioning Mr. Hooper by his name till the very end of the scene when Big Bird screws it up one last time calling him "Looper" to be corrected by Maria through her tears, the decades long running gag coming to a close. Heavy stuff...

The camera pulls back as the whole cast gets up to hug and console big bird, it keeps pulling back, giving them a moment alone to hug, fade to black... I was left sitting in my parent's living room with a half eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich clenched in my hands. My little kid mind reeling as I had to try take in what had just happened on the screen. This ain't Barney kids. Brilliant, more programming like this please.

the weirdo

Reaction score
When Gonzo and Kermit got completely destroyed in Muppets Wizard of Oz. I just sat there trying not to cry.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
When the Muppet performers sang "Just One Person" from the musical "Snoopy" both at the Tribute and at the Memorial. I cant listen to my Snoopy soundtrack anymore without crying.

The scene in Muppet Christmas Carol with Robin singing "Bless Us All" always gets me