The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
We've sorta decided in my family that the movie just wins hands down for most depressing muppet movie in general, what with their dreams being crushed at the end and then everyone breaking up and then Kermit getting amnesia.
Absolutely! When Kermit doesn't recognize his friends in the diner... Ugh. So depressing.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned Muppets From Space yet (I'm sure someone has, but I really don't feel like reading all 45 pages of this thread at the moment), but I finally bought it and watched it for the first time today. The end of the movie is definitely a tear-jerker. I just about lost it when Gonzo and Rizzo exchanged their goodbyes. I cried when Gonzo ultimately decided to stay on Earth with the gang, too, but those were happy tears. :smile:

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
Wow. 46 pages? This topic really shows how Jim and his work has touched us all with smiles and tears.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but the scene in Elmo Saves Christmas when it's literally Christmas a year later, I just start crying. Seeing everyone so sad made me sad, too. :cry:

And Big Bird performing at Jim's Memorial was so touching to watch, but when he said "thank you, Kermit", I lost it. I cried for a good 5 minutes and maybe more.

Quesal

Reaction score
all these tear jerking muppet moments...everyone here has mentioned moments that have made me cry and I'm all out of ideas!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I was close to crying when Gonzo and Fozzie sing the song about what it would be like to be Santa in Letters to Santa. I also cried during the song "The love is Gone" in MCC.

muppzd

Reaction score
I don't know why but during the song you can't take no for an answer and you see the calender it starts out in June then later on you see it in mid September and then you see the Muppets staring at some guy eating a burger because they don't have any money for food I almost cried:sympathy::cry:

blackaerin

Reaction score
listening to Rowlf's "Ol' Brown Ears is Back" album gets me all misty eyed.
anything rowlf gets me misty eyed actually.
he always seemed to be the one who interacted most with his audience, but talking in such a way that feels like he's talking and playing only and especially for you.

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
One thing that is incredibly sad is the Goodbye song sung in Muppets Take Manhattan. It was such a beautiful song that I included it in my graduation speech
"Saying goodbye. Why is it sad? Try to remember the good times we've had. Much more to say, foolish to try. It's time for saying goodbye."

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I bought Muppets Take Manhattan a few months ago because I remember seeing a few years ago as a kid and loving (I think my sisters and I watched it three times in one week) Then I saw it again and I'm afraid to watch it again. I keep getting this irrational thought that the Muppets really are breaking up.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
The song Don't Throw That Trash On the Ground because it was Jim's last performance as Ernie and the music sounded sad. I did like how Ernie made a new friend near the end of the song. Same goes for the Divorced Bird News Flash