- The end of The Muppet Movie
- The entrance of the Sesame Street gang in A Muppet Family Christmas
- The end of A Muppet Family Christmas
- "It Feels Like Christmas" from The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The end of The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Ernie singing "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"
- "The Rainbow Connection"
- "Just One Person" from Jim Henson's memorial

...and pretty much any time there is a large group of Muppets together. It just reminds me of the genius and generosity of Jim Henson that he devoted his life to wholesome entertainment that anyone can enjoy. I seriously have yet to meet someone who dislikes the Muppets.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
- The entrance of the Sesame Street gang in A Muppet Family Christmas
You know, I forgot about that, but that always gets me too! I've got such a deep affection for those characters. They've been my friends practically since birth! So yeah--when they all arrive ready to celebrate Christmas with the gang, I get a little misty too!

Nick22

Reaction score
...and pretty much any time there is a large group of Muppets together. It just reminds me of the genius and generosity of Jim Henson that he devoted his life to wholesome entertainment that anyone can enjoy. I seriously have yet to meet someone who dislikes the Muppets.
i totally agree. whenever a bunch of muppets are together, there is usually a heart felt moment.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm telling you guys this, my parents bought a copy of the original gatefold Muppet cast album. It was the first time I had ever heard 'being green.' I was 5 years old and not ever felt connected to my piers, in fact I was bullied for most of school life.

It was like Kermit was singing this song to me and understood my feelings. The song still brings a lump to my throat and every time I see TMS version I weep uncontrollably.

Guess that's what makes the Muppets special to me, they profoundly understood, looking back on it as an adult I can appreciate Jim's legacy and the connection that touches us all through all of his work.

Thank you Jim for making it easier being green.

hoopless

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm telling you guys this, my parents bought a copy of the original gatefold Muppet cast album. It was the first time I had ever heard 'being green.' I was 5 years old and not ever felt connected to my piers, in fact I was bullied for most of school life.

It was like Kermit was singing this song to me and understood my feelings. The song still brings a lump to my throat and every time I see TMS version I weep uncontrollably.

Guess that's what makes the Muppets special to me, they profoundly understood, looking back on it as an adult I can appreciate Jim's legacy and the connection that touches us all through all of his work.

Thank you Jim for making it easier being green.
Thanks for sharing that one. It just sums up everything I feel and love about the Muppets and Jim's work. It's just how real they are and how they have that connection to real people that you just don't find with other characters, and I love it when people like you can relate specific things and articulate it, because it's the one thing that everyone I talk to about Muppets doesn't seem to understand.:cry:

Shade601

Reaction score
Mr. Hooper's death.
and
The last three episodes of Fraggle Rock. I watched them back to back to back and I didn't stop crying till it was over.

Quesal

Reaction score
I get a lil teary eyed during the scene in The Muppet Movie when Kermit is "talking to himself"..."I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me."

TSSD

Reaction score
The Muppets singing Just One Person in "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" makes me cry every time.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I remember when Roy Clark sang, "Yesterday, When I was Young." Muppy was right up there onstage with Roy, listening.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Wow, my most tear-jerking muppet-moment?
I dont cry a lot :smile:
But I make an exception for Saying Goodbye...
That's a little kind of sad song...
If I hear it, I always have to think to my last day on my primary school... Yeah, that was the same feeling as desribed in that song.
Them I have to cry also, sigh...