Clifford!

Prancing Izzy

Reaction score
When did Clifford first appear as a Muppet? I can't find anything on him anywhere.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Only show I've known Clifford to be on is The Jim Henson Hour. :big_grin:

Bear Man

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure Clifford debuted on "Muppets Tonight" but I could be wrong :smile:

fozziebearcub

Reaction score
1st time I sawe CLifford was on Muppets at Walt Disney World in early 90's or l8 80's

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Clifford appeared first on the Jim Henson Hour, and then was a continued character on Muppets Tonight a few years later, as well as numerous film and special appearances.

:wink:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Prancing Izzy said:
When did Clifford first appear as a Muppet? I can't find anything on him anywhere.

Cliffords firts appearence was on "the jim henson hour", he was a band member in solid foam, along with digit, beard, flash, and the drummer chick(cant remember her name, although she shared a design resemblance to Zandra one of the "puppet non comformist who ocasionally intercepted the muppet televison signal,with there own show Gorilla tv, with UBU, and CHIP

he was also sort of a outsider like floyd in the muppet show, often commenting on things as if he was too cool for the room, lol

his desgin was changed significtly for muppets tonight, because ABC thought he looked to "ethnic", so his snout was thinned out as well as his lips, and his trademark sunglasses were replaced with eyes that had a blink mech, still cant figrue out why he was given the host duties, i never thought he worked ion that postion, i prefered him to be more of a independant charecter not tied to the rest of the cast in a particular way.

any way just my two cents

jediX

Reaction score
A few more updates from the resident JHH person...

Clifford played guitar and bass in the Solid Foam band (trading off with Beard), but went on to play glockenspiel (a small handheld xylophone-like instrument) with the Electric Mayhem in "The Muppets @ Walt Disney World."

His next appearance was on the "It's Not Easy Being Green" sing-along viideo.

I can't recall him in anything since Muppets Tonight, but he does have a minigame (which I would like to add is rather pathetic) in the Muppet Party Cruise video game from last year.