I found Hoggle

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe the people at unclaimed luggage would like to repair Hoggle, but they just don't have the funds.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I guess the biggest question is, why doesnt JHC calim it? (unless they just think its funny) or why not a puppetry foundation of some kind? I dont know, someone.... I wonder if they would even let someone restore it...

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
that is soooo incredibly sad....... :cry: I mean really, thats a peice of film history, ...what have they been doing to it?! dont get it.... :attitude: :cry: :mad:
It's not that they've done anything to it necesarilly, it's just the nature of the beast with foam latex. It's almost imposible to keep it from rotting and the puppet is 20 years old. The latex parts of him really aren't in much worse shape than the mystic that they have at the CFPA in Atlanta.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
hmm... intersting, I guess so... Its still sad, where is the picture of the mystic?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats amazing, It should be in a puppetry museumnot an unclaimed baggage one. Is that the one and only puppet of this character? or did they make a few? if its the only one you would really think Henson would get it back.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
hmm... intersting, I guess so... Its still sad, where is the picture of the mystic?
I don't have any pictures of the UrSol puppet. It's not at Unclaimed Baggage. It's in the storeroom at The Center For Puppetry Arts in Atlanta:
http://www.puppet.org

They do have the Skeksis General on display in their permanent exhibit hall though:
http://www.puppet.org/museum/permanent.shtml
Scroll down towards the bottom of the page or click here for the close-up picture:
http://www.puppet.org/museum/pix/img_skeksis.jpg

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmmm...they mentioned something from Pigs In Space in the lower part of their listings, but no pictures. I wish someone could get a photo album online of everything, but that might cause people not to go if they could.

e6r6i6c

Reaction score
This is just sad, I have seen labyrinth a thousand times when I was a little kid, I saw it at a store a couple of days back and I bought it, I watched it with my girlfriend who never saw it before, she loved it. So I checked out the imdb forum about the movie and I stumbled over some hoggle topic explaining how he is now in the hands of some weird unclaimed luggage museum, I was stunned, how can the Jim Henson Company let that puppet that was one of the main characters of Labyrinth rot away in such a place? Why did they never claim it back? It had to be very expensive to make in that time, and very expensive to transport, someone surely had a list and should have missed the Hoggle crate?

What I find very strange is that the people of Unclaimed luggage surely had to know what they had in their hands, and they should have contacted the Jim Henson Company just like they did with some other unclaimed but very important luggage they got, like a navigation system for a F16 and a camera from nasa, those items have been returned to their owners, but not the hoggle puppet :confused: I don't want to imply anything, I don't have any proof but I think something smells bad over there, they should return hoggle to the Jim Henson Company, period!

e6r6i6c

Reaction score
It's just unbelievable that the JHC never claimed hoggle back, it was at that time a impressive piece of technology and one of the main characters of a big movie hit, I can imagine it must have costs lots of money to create and they must have been proud about it, I don't understand when they found out it was missing, and it popped up at that museum they never claimed it back, the people behind the creation of the hoggle puppet must be really sad to see something they created, rotting away at some weird museum, I know I would be sad to see something I made rotting away somewhere, I would have done something about it. And seeing how many fans here on the boards are all thinking the same thing, JHC get hoggle back!

naglfar

Reaction score
This is a real shame, you would think someone would have claimed or bought it off them by now, I mean Jim Henson's son Brian now runs JHC doesn't he? and didn't he voice Hoggle in that film? you would think he'd want it. Then there's George Lucas who produced it, Jennifer Connelly, David Bowie, Terry Jones...all these people are pretty loaded, you would think one of them would quite like it as memorabilia or something and had the resources to do something about it quite easily.