Favorite Alive and Not Alive skits

Xerus

Reaction score
There was this cartoon, done by the same person who did the Name that Food cartoon. This turtle walks up to this guy and ducks back into its shell and the guy stares at it. A woman comes up and asks the guy why he's staring at the rock. And the guy tells her that the rock is alive. The woman tries to tell him that it's a turtle, but the guy still believes that it's a rock who eats grass and walks away. And it ends with a kangaroo hopping past them while the guy and woman watch in shock. And the woman goes, "That was no rock!"

Another similar skit was when Grover was a camp counselor and was teaching the kids what's alive and what's not. First he says his boot is alive because it can move. But the kids said that his foot is alive, not the boot. Then Grover tells them that the flowers are not alive, but the kids say they are because they grow. Then Grover decided to sit on a rock saying its not alive. And the kids say it is because it was actually a turtle. And the turtle slowly walks away with the surprised Grover sitting on it.

Victoria

Reaction score
I remember one where the song goes:

a fish is alive
yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
a clock is not alive
no, no, no, no, no, no

and there is a counter and a clock goes by, a dog, etc. :smile:

Victoria

Reaction score
oh yeah! "You're alive, ah, breath in, ah, breathe out" :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You're ali-i-i-i-ve!

A horse is alive too! I love it at the end when they finish singing, all the puppets crowd in front of the stage, and the horse is shaking his butt at us with this HUGE grin on his face!

I got to meet Chris Cerf earlier this year, and he loved working with Jim, because he would never miss an opportunity to clown around and crack everybody up.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Wasn't there a skit where Grover was singing "The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Music" and then the hills he was sitting on actually became alive and started moving around. That's all I can remember from that one.

--Klonoa

Xerus

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Wasn't there a skit where Grover was singing "The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Music" and then the hills he was sitting on actually became alive and started moving around. That's all I can remember from that one.

--Klonoa
Yes, it was a Monsterpiece Theatre clip. And I thought it was funny too. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Victoria said:
I remember one where the song goes:

a fish is alive
yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
a clock is not alive
no, no, no, no, no, no

and there is a counter and a clock goes by, a dog, etc. :smile:
Yeah, that one was really good!

They eat and breathe and grow and that is how you know!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, Dantecat, Chris Cerf is one of the nicest men you could ever want to meet. His working relationship with Jim goes back to 1972, when they did the "Count It Higher" skit. Chris did the voice and supplied the music, and Jim did the puppetry. Chris was also instrumental in developing and promoting many Sesame Street toys, books, records, etc.

These days he's still on the board of directors at Random House, and is the executive producer for Between the Lions. He hosted a seminar in New York last January, and he also had with him Pam Arciero (Sesame's Grungetta) who now performs Leona, one of the puppets on the show. It was thrilling to meet people who knew Jim so well, and watching them perform with their puppets was incredible!

There are a couple of sites online that have Chris Cerf's biography, and he's led an incredile life so far, believe me!