Sesame Songs and Sketches on DVD

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone could help. I am thinking about getting some Sesame Street DVD's. I know two I already want(What's the name of that song? and Put Down the Duckie). But I was wondering if anyone could give me an over song/sketch listing of the following DVD's. Basically I am looking for ones with classic songs and/or sketches, so any detail would be appreciated. If you have any suggestions other than the ones below, please share.

Do The Alphabet
Bert & Ernie's Word Play
123 Count W/Me
Rock And Roll!
Dance Along!
The Great Numbers Game
Monster Hits!
Lets Eat! Funny Food Songs
Cookie Monsters Best Bites
Sing, Hoot and Howl
Learning About Letters
Learning About Numbers

Cheebo

Reaction score
I cant give whats on those but there is better DVD's out there! Like the 25th anniversay special is full of old classic songs. A MUST is the two feature films too. Follow That Bird more if you cant get both. Christmas on Sesame Street is great too since its from the 70's and is like the only dvd with Mr. Hooper.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Do the Alphabet has only 2 classic sketches: Dee Dee Dee from 1972 with Ernie and Cookie Monster and the 1971 J-Friends with Jim Henson, Jerry Nelson, Fran Brill, and Frank Oz as Anything Muppets. Everything else is new stuff.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am not sure if you are still interested, but here is what classic skits are in these videos. I will mostly list highlights of each DVD.

Mickey Moose said:
Bert & Ernie's Word Play
Classic skits include Fat Cat, I am Chicken, and a skit where Kermit goes to a shirt store to pick up a personalized T-shirt.

Mickey Moose said:
Rock And Roll!
Classic skits include Monster In The Mirror, telephone Rock, You're Alive, Rock 'n Roll Reader, Count Up To Nine, Forty Blocks From My Home, and The Word Is No!

Mickey Moose said:
Dance Along!
This includes A New Way To Walk, ABC Disco, Doin' The Pigeon, The Birdland Jump, and The Batty Bat.

Mickey Moose said:
The Great Numbers Game
This includes The King of 8, The Alligator King, Two Toucan Two Steps, and many other counting cartoons, but the best segments are available on better videos.

Mickey Moose said:
Monster Hits!
This includes Fur, Fuzzy And Blue, Two Heads Are Better Than One, What Do I Do When I'm Alone, and C Is For Cookie.

Mickey Moose said:
Cookie Monsters Best Bites
Most of the skits on this video are also available on other videos. It includes C Is For Cookie, If Moon Were Cookie, They Can't Take That Away From Me (with Guy Smiley), Goodbye, Little Cookie (not available on any other video), Annett Benning teaching Cookie Monster the difference between here and there (not on any other video), Telly Monster teaching the difference between fast and slow (not on any other video), and C Drives me Crazy (not on any other video, but oddly enough doesn't include Cookie Monster).

Mickey Moose said:
Sing, Hoot and Howl
This includes The Insects In Your neighborhood, Starfish, Proud To Be a Cow, Cow og Song, I'm An Aardvark, and many others.

Mickey Moose said:
Learning About Letters
Everything on here was made before 1980 (even though it was produced in 1986), but the main highlights include Kermit drawing a letter M, MMMonster meal, and La, La, La.

Mickey Moose said:
Learning About Numbers
This includes I Just Adore Four, the King of 8, John John counting backwards, the count as an elevador operador, two dolls in a dollhouse, and the count counting flowers, among other skits.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I am not sure if you are still interested, but here is what classic skits are in these videos. I will mostly list highlights of each DVD.

Classic skits include Fat Cat, I am Chicken, and a skit where Kermit goes to a shirt store to pick up a personalized T-shirt.

Classic skits include Monster In The Mirror, telephone Rock, You're Alive, Rock 'n Roll Reader, Count Up To Nine, Forty Blocks From My Home, and The Word Is No!

This includes A New Way To Walk, ABC Disco, Doin' The Pigeon, The Birdland Jump, and The Batty Bat.

This includes The King of 8, The Alligator King, Two Toucan Two Steps, and many other counting cartoons, but the best segments are available on better videos.

This includes Fur, Fuzzy And Blue, Two Heads Are Better Than One, What Do I Do When I'm Alone, and C Is For Cookie.

Most of the skits on this video are also available on other videos. It includes C Is For Cookie, If Moon Were Cookie, They Can't Take That Away From Me (with Guy Smiley), Goodbye, Little Cookie (not available on any other video), Annett Benning teaching Cookie Monster the difference between here and there (not on any other video), Telly Monster teaching the difference between fast and slow (not on any other video), and C Drives me Crazy (not on any other video, but oddly enough doesn't include Cookie Monster).

This includes The Insects In Your neighborhood, Starfish, Proud To Be a Cow, Cow og Song, I'm An Aardvark, and many others.

Everything on here was made before 1980 (even though it was produced in 1986), but the main highlights include Kermit drawing a letter M, MMMonster meal, and La, La, La.

This includes I Just Adore Four, the King of 8, John John counting backwards, the count as an elevador operador, two dolls in a dollhouse, and the count counting flowers, among other skits.
Thanks for the info.