Still longing for Annie Sue

ElectricMayhem9

Reaction score
Even though I know the general public would think this is a Piggy Variant, I STILL WANT HER!!!

She would make a great addition to any 2005 series seeing as there aren't that many females left to do outside of Piggy and Janice variants. I was watching some of my Time Life Muppet Show DVD's and realized that she is a background staple in almost all of the 4th and 5th season shows. I personally think she would be a great addition, and she has been one of my favorites since I first remember seeing her in the Robert Moore MS episode. We need more pigs, don't we?

I know she is obscure, but I can't be the only supporter of this idea...can I?

:flirt: :wink: :smile:

Fozzie

Reaction score
The problem is that the casual buyer would just think it is another Miss Piggy.

Emerald

Reaction score
I, too, would like to see her made. It isn't too much different than having a Kermit and a Robin, they would just need to make a noticable size difference.

Hey, this is even more obscure. What about Lydia the tatooed Pig?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Kermit and Robin are very different. Annie Sue and Piggy are almost the same.

ElectricMayhem9

Reaction score
Fozzie, Wiggy, why do you guys have to rain on my parade? Maybe they could offer her as a website exclusive, or Collector's Club exclusive seeing as the collectors like myself that need practically every figure made would buy her. I still think we need Piggy's arch-rival especially since we're low on pigs in the line and I think Andy and Randy would make stupid figures!!! :eek:

Least I didn't suggest the even more obscure Pamela Hamderson! :crazy:

And I think with the rumor of Lewis Kazagger in 2005, he is no more mainstream or collector driven then Annie Sue!!!! :mad:

Fozzie

Reaction score
ElectricMayhem9 said:
Fozzie, Wiggy, why do you guys have to rain on my parade? Maybe they could offer her as a website exclusive, or Collector's Club exclusive seeing as the collectors like myself that need practically every figure made would buy her. I still think we need Piggy's arch-rival especially since we're low on pigs in the line and I think Andy and Randy would make stupid figures!!! :eek:

And I think with the rumor of Lewis Kazagger in 2005, he is no more mainstream or collector driven then Annie Sue!!!! :mad:
To be honest, I would rather have Andy and Randy than Annie Sue. ANd we have actualy gotten 4 pigs in this line so far, which is pretty good.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I think Annie Sue could be a distant possibility with Palisades Direct...but otherwise I don't see it happening. If they can't even sell a Miss Piggy figure as part of a playset, I doubt they're going to put out what would be seen as "an ugly freaky-haired Miss Piggy" figure any time soon. :mad:

Luke

Reaction score
ElectricMayhem9 said:
Aside Spamela would come wearing a very recognisable costume and be a spoof figure of one of America's most famous models and actresses. If they were to do a Spamela figure in Baywatch outfit at a convention it might go down a storm. Certainly it would outsell any possible Annie Sue Figure by tons. As Quinn said, Palisades Direct would be your best chance but i don't think there are enough people who would want her above other choices.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'd still rather see annie-sue..she's a great nice little pig...and I'd love to see her...was even thinking of ways to customize her, since I doubt she'll actaully come out in any way...

Emerald

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Kermit and Robin are very different. Annie Sue and Piggy are almost the same.
I think that is very naive to say. To a non-muppet fan (and I have heard this from many), Robin looks like a minature Kermit. A frog is a frog, especially a naked one. Piggy and Annie Sue at least have some distinctively different facial features as well as their wardrobes. Also, it isn't fair to judge Piggy's selling power in a play set because, at least here in Nebraska, Muppets didn't sell well at Target in general. And really, if you're a less-than-hardcore fan, would you buy that playset? It's cool, but it's way more cool if you have seen the skit and enjoyed it. The Muppets as individual toys are much more marketable to the general public.

ElectricMayhem9 said:
Lewis Kazagger is, in some respects, either even with Uncle Deadly in obscurity or only slightly more obscure. Hopefully he will sell well, but it's hard to say. I think it would be nice to see some more obscure characters released in the future!