Garfield and other newspaper comic strips

McFraggle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I like Get Fuzzy as well, but feel it's more worthy of something animated than comic stripped out--the strips are more like a story board, so most folks won't "get it" like we do. I can see it as a movie, even!
I like Get Fuzzy too. I'm looking forward to the movie.

Hypatia

Reaction score
Other lesser known comics

Opus/Bloom County/Outlands, for sure....but also

Safe Havens
On the Fastrack
Kevin and Kell (online only!)

and lately Get Fuzzy and Frazz

Manda:-D

Reaction score
There's the usual stuff of course-Peanuts, Get Fuzzy, Bloom County, Calvin & Hobbes, Fox Trot, and such, but there are 2 favorites of mine I wish got more attention. I love this one called Heart of the City, it's a/b a little girl, Heart, raised by her single mom & Italian housekeeper, who LOOVES the movies, and dreams of being a big star. Heart's a major diva, but she usually does right in the end. My favorite character is Heart's best friend, Dean, a major geek, this kid is into EVERYTHING! Dean's got a heart of gold, and can be easily taken advantage of. A lot of the strips are pure fantasy, like one where Heart is visited & consulted by Judy Garland, or the many LOTR-themed strips, or the one where Dean gave advice to George Lucas on how not to further screw up the prequels! Another's called Frazz, and it's a/b a singer/songwriter who took a job as a janitor as an elementary school and never left. Frazz kind of reminds of a "grown-up" Calvin who actually learned to CHANNEL all that energy and creativity! Frazz encourages the kids to put down there Gameboys and use their imaginations-even it means doing something a little crazy.

Fozzie Wozzie

Reaction score
When I was little I saw the film Little Nemo. I have never read the Nemo in Slumberland, but it sounds quite alike. Does anyone know if they are the same?

My favorite is Peanuts. It's is a classic! :embarrassed:

peachesncream

Reaction score
i love bucky katt.:flirt: if you guys like get fuzzy also there's a strip called pearls before swine which is also pretty good. the two creators are friends.i think nothing beats bucky and fungo's "fights" though.read the one where the go on judge judy?it's awesome.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
garfield, peanuts and even though its not in most newspapers anymore, Calvin and Hobbes