Junior Gorg appreciation thread

P

Princeton

First off, all of you who DON'T love Junior Gorg need to leave NOW. That being said, let's get to it. He is my ALL-TIME favorite character from FR, one of Richard's most endearing characters, and is at his absolute funniest when he is dancing. What do YOU guys think?

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
You wanna know something strange? When Richard Hunt died in 1992, I felt like Junior Gorg had died too, and I cried hard cause I would never get to meet Junior Gorg, cause he was dead! Okay I'm okay now. Rest in peace Junior. We miss you.

Purple

Reaction score
Junior Gorg is very missunderstood, he is so funny I love Junior sells the farm. The best thing about Junior is his voice.

Love peace and Fraggle Rock

P

Princeton

I didn't see "Junior Sells the Farm" but I can imagine that it was good. Anyway, getting back to when he dances. Do any of you remember "A Dark and Stormy Night"? In it, he gets to have the cottage all to himself and in celebration he sings "Big Boy Now". A great song that really brings out Richard's voice. :sing:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
First of all,Richard RIP,you are truly missed.Secondly,it is very true that Junior Gorg was misunderstood.He always tried his best and hardest to live up to the Gorg name & to his father's expectations; but Junior really did have a good heart. <Just my 2 cents.>

Klonoa

Reaction score
"Look ma, I caught a fwaggle!"

For a show I watched SO much when I was a kid, I barely remember anything specific about Fraggle Rock's Junior Gorg except for that one line. I wish I could see Fraggle Rock again so I could get some of those memories back. I adored that show.

--Klonoa

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I applaud the writers for giving Junior the exact sense of childlike naivete and destructiveness that was essential for such a character ... and Richard for executing it in the best way possible. These talents combined made Junior the most loveable "dunderheaded lummox" in Muppet history.

Also, ten years ago, my family and I visited a Muppet exhibit at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito, CA, where I remember gazing at the original Junior Gorg suit behind glass.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I love Junior Gorg. He is so funny and I agree with you Princeton it is great to see him dance. Gorgs dancing are always hillarious to me. I think Richard Hunt did a great job of making Junior a lovable character. If he hadn't been done so well by Richard he could have run the risk of looking like an evil character. But I will always love Junior. :flirt:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Junior is awesome...I especially love his show with Mokey, "The Great Radish Caper".

Wonderful, funny, poignant, meaningful...and we saw the relationship between a fraggle and a gorg go to a whole new level of understanding in the final touching scene.

*sigh*

:smile: