Changes in Mokey's personality

P

Princeton

I only have 6 episodes of FR and 2 of them focus around Mokey; I've noticed a change in her personality in those 2 episodes. In "The Secret Society of Poohbahs", we see a jittery, unnerved, anxious Mokey. Yet in "The Preachification of Convincing John", Mokey is self-righteous and tries to get everybody to change so she can be pleased. What do you guys think?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Yet in "The Preachification of Convincing John", Mokey is self-righteous and tries to get everybody to change so she can be pleased.
The only way she can be pleased is if the Doozers are able to build without their towers getting eaten. It's them she's concerned about, not herself. The lesson she learns in #6 confirms it: "It's not easy to understand someone's problems, but it's very easy to think you do." (Plus, in The Great Radish Famine, it's all of Fragglekind she's concerned about when she rounds up the Doozers to help her with the Trash Heap's plan.) But you've got a good point. I'll explain ...

To me, Mokey is a true Piscean. She's artistic, compassionate (especially to Boober :wink: ) and sometimes irritated when things don't go her way. Her compassion gets the best of her in New Trash Heap in Town (where the fame goes to her head) and The Incredible Shrinking Mokey (where her "mother" instinct is overtaken by the crafty Begoony), but it also saves her from the wrath of Junior Gorg when she helps him in Junior Sells the Farm and The Great Radish Caper. The differences between her and Red become almost completely intolerable in A Cave of One's Own, and her feelings of neglect lead to the urge bounce back in Mokey's Funeral and A Brush With Jealousy, in both of which the plans seem to backfire. Yet, there does seem to be a paradox between The Finger of Light and New Trash Heap in Town - in #12, Mokey can't handle being a leader, while she takes to the position quite well in #24.

Mokey may come off like she knows everything and is perfectly content, as the envious Red suspects in I Want To Be You, but in actuality she, like all the other Fraggles, is always in the process of learning, and she's proud of herself in the end for what she's gained from the experience. Sounds like a Pisces to me. :smile:

P

Princeton

Thanx, Boober Gorg. You pretty much covered all the bases. I think it's neat how you can analyze characters, especially Mokey, since she's one of my favorite characters. It's always nice to get inside people to find out what makes them click. Anyway, thanx again!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yes BG, well well said! :big_grin:

Boober_Gorg said:
Yet, there does seem to be a paradox between The Finger of Light and New Trash Heap in Town - in #12, Mokey can't handle being a leader, while she takes to the position quite well in #24.
In #12 though it was a traditional game with very high expectations, whereas in #24 she thought she was a "Messiah" of sorts---she believed she was The Chosen One to help the fraggles---and she loves to help others. So she saw that as a wonderful gift of duty.

Mokey...*sigh*...:flirt:

radio boy

Reaction score
hey if your interested i have 75 episodes up for trade please let me know if you want any episodes

Brian Damage

Reaction score
<Raises hand>

Is that Sunbury, Australia in your location thingamajig? I'm in Melbourne.

What region are the episodes?

Contessa

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
The only way she can be pleased is if the Doozers are able to build without their towers getting eaten. It's them she's concerned about, not herself. The lesson she learns in #6 confirms it: "It's not easy to understand someone's problems, but it's very easy to think you do." (Plus, in The Great Radish Famine, it's all of Fragglekind she's concerned about when she rounds up the Doozers to help her with the Trash Heap's plan.) But you've got a good point. I'll explain ...

To me, Mokey is a true Piscean. She's artistic, compassionate (especially to Boober :wink: ) and sometimes irritated when things don't go her way. Her compassion gets the best of her in New Trash Heap in Town (where the fame goes to her head) and The Incredible Shrinking Mokey (where her "mother" instinct is overtaken by the crafty Begoony), but it also saves her from the wrath of Junior Gorg when she helps him in Junior Sells the Farm and The Great Radish Caper. The differences between her and Red become almost completely intolerable in A Cave of One's Own, and her feelings of neglect lead to the urge bounce back in Mokey's Funeral and A Brush With Jealousy, in both of which the plans seem to backfire. Yet, there does seem to be a paradox between The Finger of Light and New Trash Heap in Town - in #12, Mokey can't handle being a leader, while she takes to the position quite well in #24.

Mokey may come off like she knows everything and is perfectly content, as the envious Red suspects in I Want To Be You, but in actuality she, like all the other Fraggles, is always in the process of learning, and she's proud of herself in the end for what she's gained from the experience. Sounds like a Pisces to me. :smile:
Yeah, I remember "The Great Raddish Caper". In fact, I still have the tape. But true, she did want to help Juinor Gorg get the raddish back as well as finding a friend. Everytime I watch that episode, I always think that that is the best part. :smile: