Traveling Matt's locations

P

Princeton

I was just wondering which places around the world Traveling Matt went to.

P

Princeton

No one knows? I know they show him in the U.S. sometimes, but was he ever in, like, different countries?

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
In "A New Trash Heap in Town" I'm pretty sure he's in Australia because he writes to Gobo about the "strange bouncing things" which he determines are used for transportation purposes! He and Gobo also go to this same part of Outer Space in "Uncle Matt's Discovery".

funkydoo

Reaction score
He has also been to london and paris .I also think he has been to holland to and also the great wall of china :excited:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
He may have been in Switzerland in the "Red-Handed and Invisible Thief" episode.

Wembley

Reaction score
It would be kinda neat to find out where the "outer space" episodes were made and have a Fraggle pilgramage to see them today.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of them were made in and around the city of Toronto, since that's where Fraggle Rock was produced. Filming "on location" shots local to the studio took place in a lot of TV shows - for example, the kids' TV show ZOOM filmed at Canobie Lake Park in Salem NH (ZOOM was made in Boston, CLP was probably the closest amusement park), You Can't Do That on Television did many on-location shots in the parks and schools near the studio in Ottawa, and I'm sure lots of other TV shows used "local" sites for on-location shots. It just makes good sense for a producer - keep the travel budget down, and you'll have more money to spend on things like Doozer Sticks. :smile:

The people to get this information from would be the crew who worked on the show - they're a great source of behind-the-scenes "dirt". For instance, at SlimeCon (a convention for fans of _You Can't Do That on Television_) I happend to spend a lot of time talking to one of the sound engineers who worked on that show, and learned a lot about the production work that went into YCDTOTV. (And, I managed to win a piece of his "private stash" of goodies from the show!)

Wembley

Reaction score
Agreed. Another neat fact that I found out about YCDTOTV was that the burgers the kids ate in the "Barth's Burgery" segments were purchachased at a local burger place that has locations throughout Canada. I've eaten at that very restaurant (A place called Harvey's) and it wasn't very good. Edible, but the burgers had a "unique" taste that I wasn't used to. Still, it was neat to eat at a place that was a part of Nickelodeon history.

(Yes, I know this is off-topic....)

Oh, and I like your signature! :smile:

--Rick

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that on most of the episodes (English episodes) I have seen (on the UK dvd) he is in England.

The cup of tea (or, Lip Cleansing Ritchual) and the football certainly were.

Wembley

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I'm pretty sure that on most of the episodes (English episodes) I have seen (on the UK dvd) he is in England.

The cup of tea (or, Lip Cleansing Ritchual) and the football certainly were.
Heh... I would LOVE to get a copy of the UK DVD. I have the capability to play region 2 / PAL discs... are they still available in stores? (err.... shops?)

If so, could we arrange a purchase?

PM me if possible!
--Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"