Favorite number songs

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
1 to 20

My personal favorite was from 1970, with the birds. Each time a new number came on, another bird was added. Then at 20, a huge bird came down, the other 19 settled around him.

But what really sent me over the moon was the music. Fantastic jazz, with scat singing, and a great line-up of guitar, bass, piano, drums, flute, and muted trumpet. Listening carefully to the flute and trumpet, it sounds like they were trying to make bird sounds on their instruments. Defintiely a keeper.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Hey Xerus---that one IS my top fave, too. :smile: There's only a wee teeny little clip of that on one of the Fisher Price Movie Viewer reels titled 'Numbers". Yeah, I know it's a stretch, but get in touch with me at edehl1970@yahoo.com. I think I might be able to direct you in the right location. :smile:

My other fave is one that reminds me of the "five" clip. It's the psychedelic-jazzy-Hensony "11" clip. It just makes me want to don a pair of go go boots and a mini skirt......and shimmy on down.
Far out! :flirt:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
My personal favorite was from 1970, with the birds. Each time a new number came on, another bird was added. Then at 20, a huge bird came down, the other 19 settled around him.

But what really sent me over the moon was the music. Fantastic jazz, with scat singing, and a great line-up of guitar, bass, piano, drums, flute, and muted trumpet. Listening carefully to the flute and trumpet, it sounds like they were trying to make bird sounds on their instruments. Defintiely a keeper.
loved that 1 to. but at the time hated that big blue bird with the 20 on it and how it jumped on that 20. though years later i thought it was funny.

Nicole

Reaction score
I have to say that my two favorite number songs on Sesame Street are:

1. Five Baby Oysters. The one about the five baby oysters who live in the five sand castles and two of the castles get washed away by the wave. That skit was so cute!

2. Forty Blocks From My Home. I used to imagine myself singing on the bus and going into the school with those kids when I was a child.

Frazzle

Reaction score
Nicole said:
I have to say that my two favorite number songs on Sesame Street are:

1. Five Baby Oysters. The one about the five baby oysters who live in the five sand castles and two of the castles get washed away by the wave. That skit was so cute!

2. Forty Blocks From My Home. I used to imagine myself singing on the bus and going into the school with those kids when I was a child.

!!! I thought I was crazy, because I remembered the 5 baby oyster song, but I don't recall anyone else mentioning it. I thought maybe it was a strange figment of my imagination, but you clearly described what I remember. Thanks! :smile:

Princeton

Reaction score
Bumping one of my first threads for new members to participate in!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I love Bert's "My Favorite Number is 6"...just watched that one a few days ago!
I also like The Pinball Number Counts, Falling Bakers, Jazzy Spies and The Coconut Counting Man...as well as ANYTHING sung by The Count.

Greedo

Reaction score
I love Bert's "My Favorite Number is 6"...just watched that one a few days ago!
I also like The Pinball Number Counts, Falling Bakers, Jazzy Spies and The Coconut Counting Man...as well as ANYTHING sung by The Count.
The Count is da bomb! My favorite song of all: "Dance the Batty Bat!" NEVER gets old!:batty: