Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got a few questions about VMMCM, in particular the Moolan Scrooge parody. Already got Robin as the Green Fairy, the Reindeer Rats, and Piggy as Saltine. What I'm wondering is if there were any other Muppets playing roles other than themselves during that part of the movie/special.
If so, then please post here with the name of the Muppet character, what role they were portraying during the Moolan Scrooge parody, and full descripts of what they looked like if possible. My memory tells me that Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo were there too but I'm not sure if that's all the Muppets who were in the parody.
Hope to hear from you guys soon, and thanks for all your help.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm unsure of the titles of the roles because I saw Moulin Rouge only once, and though I've seen VMX several times, just never paid any attention to it. There was also involvement by Penguins, Janice was there as a dancing girl, some chickens were in there, and I can't think of any others.

Mumford

Reaction score
If you remember those 3 elvis guys from muppet classic theater VHS with parodies on classic stories, those elvis impersonators are in it. :smile:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I didn't ever see Moulin Rouge, so I couldn't help with the questions. A Very Merry Muppet Christmas was my least favorite of the Muppet movies to date. I really didn't like it...

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Kermit and Fozzie were in it. Fozzie was the ringmaster with a top hat and a beard.

Stulz

Reaction score
Sam

In one of the deleted scenes on the DVD Sam play the part of the rich guy that falls for Saltine, in VMC he's called Baron van Scrooge or something like that.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Kermit was playing as Christian
Fozzie was Zidler
Gonzo was just the narrator
and in the deleted scene Sam the Eagle might've been playing the Duke

Kinggodzillak

Reaction score
Bunsen and Beaker were in one shot very briefly, in the same gear that they're wearing when they bring the money bag backstage.