A SpongeBob Movie?! What is this?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
SpongeBob is the stupidest thing to come to television! Try watching ONE episode of this show, and you're brain will start to melt until you're nothing but a mindless zombie. The voices are stupid, the animation is lousy, and the storylines are something a 21 month old would come up with. Now they're coming out with a theatrical movie about his helping a fish who was traumatized for life because there was no cheese on his hamburger. Anyone else find a movie more than a little too much? (it was already too much when they made merchandise for every single need on the planet.)

crazy ernie

Reaction score
That isn't the plot. Basically, from what I heard, Plankton steals Neptune's Trident and frames Mr. Krabs for it and Spongebob basically has to get the trident back. Besides, they did your plot on the show already.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
I Heard That The Trident Story Is One Of Thre Stores Interweaved Together The Is Also Patrick Gets Lost And Squidword Has To Work Tyhe Krusty Krab By Himself

P

Philo and Gunge

D'Snowth said:
SpongeBob is the stupidest thing to come to television! Try watching ONE episode of this show, and you're brain will start to melt until you're nothing but a mindless zombie. The voices are stupid, the animation is lousy, and the storylines are something a 21 month old would come up with. Now they're coming out with a theatrical movie about his helping a fish who was traumatized for life because there was no cheese on his hamburger. Anyone else find a movie more than a little too much? (it was already too much when they made merchandise for every single need on the planet.)
That's just a short gag during the movie. SpongeBob is one of the very few current Nickelodeon shows I enjoy (the others being "Tiny Toon Adventures" and "Fairly Oddparents"). I am sort of looking forward to this movie, just sorta. I know my cousin will see it, she thinks SpongeBob is the best show ever (and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is the best movie).

At least there not making a theatrical Rocket Power movie. :rolleyes: Showing TV movies on a game show network.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Actually, I enjoy watching this cartoon. Most of the other "modern" cartoons don't have anything funny about them but work for shock-humor with burps and poots; however, Spongebob actually has story lines, the animation is good, characters all have definite personalities, and it's funny. That's my opinion, though.

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I'm not crazy about SpongeBob, but I do think it's one of the better shows out there. As said before, it's humor does not depend on bodily functions. It's also a cartoon that both boys and girls enjoy watching. I've seen more shows aimed towards boys with action, and fighting etc. (not that girls can't enjoy that type of show), and it's nice to have a silly humored cartoon for everyone.

I don't think the movie will be really good, like most cartoon based movies, but I know there are a lot of little fans out there who can't wait to see their favorite pineapple inhabiting sponge on the big screen.

P

Philo and Gunge

"Rocko's Modern Life" makes it's big-screen debut

Rocko is going to make a cameo! WOO-HOO!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
not a big Spongebob fan, but do we need the strong language, even if we have the censor

Erine81981

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
Rocko is going to make a cameo! WOO-HOO!
Are you serious about this? I love that show. I'm glad I get Nicktoon TV. Me and my friend would talk like the characters from time to time. I would be Heffer and he would be Rocko. Thats cool. Could u tell me more on it?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My brother became a huge fan of the show while he was at our young cousins' house. He thinks it's hilarious and has a bunch of SpongeBob memorabilia. I bet he'll see the movie...
Erin