Living backstage

CherryPizza

Reaction score
OK, so the online blurbs for the backstage playset say that it can house up to 15 Muppet figures, so this just begs the question: Which 15 will live in yours?

If/when I get it, I'll probably wait until it's there in all its glory before make any final decisions... and a bit of playing and upon-sight inspiration will have something to do with it.

But I guess I can count out those figures that already live in a playset - so the Pigs in Space characters are out, the members of the Electric Mayhem are out, Bunsen and Beaker are out, as is the Chef. Rizzo and Crazy Harry currently live in my kitchen playset, and seem happy there, but the prospect of a new home may appeal to them.

The figures with enough accessories to have an environment of their own will probably be out as well (the Newsman, Daredevil Gonzo, Tux Rowlf), and those that are in some kinda family might be excluded simply because they belong in their own group, e.g. the MTI characters.... OTOH, it might be kinda fun to have characters dressed up backstage, since dressing up is part of the fun, and I guess it's kinda a given that a Hispanola playset won't be happening.

I guess I can definitely count in Kermit... maybe Fozzie, Piggy and Gonzo are close followers, but won't commit to anything other than Kermit at this stage... oh and of course Rowlf will be in there since he comes with the playset. So I guess everything else is a definite maybe.

Also have to decide what my policy will be on variants. Would it be bad... or would it be kinda cool to have different versions of the one character in the same place... oh decisions, decisions. Still, wouldn't the world be a wonderful place if that was life's biggest problem.

So, what's everyone else's thoughts on the matter?

Cherry "Backstage chaos is what it's all about" Pizza

ElectricMayhem9

Reaction score
My Thoughts

:wink: Super Scooter
Koozebane Kermit
Bear on Patrol Fozzie
Daredevil Gonzo
Vaudville Statler & Waldorf
First Mate Piggy(Should I not display the Swine Trek bridge, or Nurse Piggy gets made!)

Figures Yet To Come: :attitude:
Shifty Eyed Sam the Eagle (Series 8)
Swedish Chef (Series 9)
1 of the 3 Animal On-Line variants

Figures Hopefully seen in 2005: :flirt:
Dr Bob Rowlf
Nurse Piggy
Nurse Janice
BOP Link Hogthrob

That's 10 definite, 13 with 2005 speculation. I was thinking the Backstage would be perfect for the costumed variants of the signature characters from the line!!! Can't wait for mine!

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Mine will house, kermit at desk, piggy and fozzie and series 2 gonzo up in loft, lew zealand, harry, 1 of the many robins, Scooter talking to Kermit, Rowlf, Rizzo, Pepe, Boeregard sweeping in back, Naked Sam, Uncle Deadly? I guess it might change when i get the figures and the backstage!
TY

jediX

Reaction score
Basically everything that was on TMS but isn't already on display somewhere else that's appropriate--Kermit, Scooter, Rowlf, purple tux Gonzo, Deadly, Foz, Robin, a few Koozebanians, Lew, Piggy, Camilla, ghost, Beau, ...ummm...Pops....I'm sure I'll probably change it once and a while if I put it on display out where the other sets are.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Not sure who's gonna be in it, but I know who's not: Rizzo (since he's Muppets from Space), Captain Smollet and Mr. Arrow (b/c they're Muppet Treasure Island), and Statler & Waldorf (b/c they stay in the balcony). Now the one's I'm most likely going to put in it are Kermit, Series 5 Gonzo, Patrol Bear, Rowlf, Scooter, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry Miss Piggy, and maybe the Swedish Chef, Newsman, Robin and Dr. Teeth (and that's pretty much my whole current collection)

Gonzo14

Reaction score
what series will the backstage come with

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm thinking either before, with, or after series 10, but I'm not an expert on release dates and such :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm looking very forward to it, but I don't know who all will be in there. I know it'll be all the characters at some point or another being put through it and posed and played with. I don't think anybody will be stuck in there, though.

Kinggodzillak

Reaction score
Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, a Johnny, Lew, Beau, Robin, Clifford...basically, everyone in my Kitchen at the mo who isn't Chef. :smile: