Favorite Animal Films

mikebennidict

Reaction score
here are some i liked. the snake film, the one that was on a tree in a zoo, > the monkey's on the tree, > the peacock film > the worhog film, > the film where the whatever those animal where called with the word yes flashing as they was moving up and down. stupid but still interesting.

Klonoa

Reaction score
I liked the Aardvark Song, the I Love Being a Pig live action with pigs (it was also animated), the hippos with the guy singing 'there's a bird on me.' Aaaannnnddd...that's all I can remember right now.

I don't know if these classify as animal skits, but I also remember one about shearing sheep to make these really uncomfortable looking dyed sweaters. Also one about a sheepdog comes to mind. And taking a llama to the dentist in the middle of the city while singing an annoying song.

--Klonoa

ceecee

Reaction score
I like the one at the zoo with the chinchilla. Isn't there also one about a marmoset? It has a song and the singer whispers "marmoset!"

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Yes, there is a marmoset clip. I was told by someone that this was one of the last things Joe Raposo did for Sesame Street.

A few of my faves in the category are:

"Flying"
"Bald Eagle"
"Gazelle"
"Seahorse"
"Starfish"

Those songs are like, audio sedatives, man. :wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I liked the Aardvark Song, the I Love Being a Pig live action with pigs (it was also animated), the hippos with the guy singing 'there's a bird on me.' Aaaannnnddd...that's all I can remember right now.

I don't know if these classify as animal skits, but I also remember one about shearing sheep to make these really uncomfortable looking dyed sweaters. Also one about a sheepdog comes to mind. And taking a llama to the dentist in the middle of the city while singing an annoying song.

--Klonoa
you know 1 thing i found interesting is for example. the tail film where we hear Maria saying look at all the tails! and in the 1969 SSU episode you don't hear her say that naturally she wasn't there at that time. but is made me think of other films with her along with David. who annouced who the animals. 1 with David he says, look at the penguin's taking a bath. and other with Maria and the otter film. while i don't know if all of those go back to the 1st season, they certainly are pretty old. and if they all were from the 1st or 2nd season, why didn't they have somebody else say who the animals were? what took the producers so long to have figurede they needed somebody to tell the audience what kind of animals they were? since both Sonis Manzano and Northern Calloway came on the scene in 71 probably 1 of the first things they did was announce who the animals in those films were.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Here are some of my fav. animal sketches,live & animated:

1. The peacock
  2. Long hard climb-with the tree frog
  3. There's a bird on me
  4. Love being a pig
  5. Chicken or the egg
  6. Milk-dairy farm
  7. Take a breath
  8. Starfish
  9. The seahorse

Censored

Reaction score
The Koala Bear with "Rock-A-Bye-Baby".

LittleChrissy

Reaction score
One that always made me laugh was the ostrich one. Where the ostriches alternated between walking and running.

Nicole

Reaction score
One animal clip that I really liked was the one where they would show all kinds of cat stuff like a cat teapot, a clockwork cat, a stuffed cat being pulled around by a ribbon, etc., then they would show a real cat coming into the picture to lap up a saucer of milk.

I also liked the film about the giant panda (the one where they're playing music while the panda is walking around and then a little boy off-screen announces "A giant panda!"). I love panda bears.

There is one that they used to always show when I was little. It was about an elephant being washed at the zoo. They were playing "Splish Splash" in the background. I remember one of the workers washing the elephant said "It's a lot like washing the car."