Series 8: Favorite Figure

What is your favorite action figure from series 8?

• Sam the Eagle

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shifty-Eyed Sam the Eagle

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Usher Scooter

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Marvin Suggs

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Marvin Suggs Silver Repaint

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Dr. Phil Van Neuter

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rexcrk

Reaction score
You know, I was just looking at my Movie Usher Scooter figure and I did some thinking. I know that a lot of people have complained about different things, like the popcorn cart for example. I just realized what the main problem is, we (for the most part) like our figures to be "show..." or "...movie accurate." I think the Movie Usher Scooter would've gotten more of a positive response if it came with other accessories like 3D glasses, etc. Also if the back of his uniform didn't say "Muppet theater." I can relate because I too thought that would have been cool if it were "movie accurate" but since it isn't, that's ok anyway. It's still a really neat action figure! Sorry for the pretty much pointless post, but I just wanted to say what I thought. :smile:

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
So who else..

OK, I have to say this si the first series where I failed to pick up one of the four figures offered... I DID get the repaint of Marvin though, and had access to shifty eyed sam, but passed him up (Don't be mad at me, I know he better portrays Sam than straight ahead, but ofr my purposes, that was how it went down)... So I guess I still got at least four of them, and will probably get Scooter as soon as he goes down in price. I never liked Scooter much to begin with, but have Super Hero as well as regular already prominently displayed. Although I DO want that darn popcorn machine! how detailed is THAT sucker???

I only had a few issues about this series which don't really matter much in the long run...
I LOVED the articulation on Dr Phil!!! ANd the soft rubber hands were PERFECT!!!! I have a clear syringe from another action figure set that fits perfectly in his hand as he stabs it into Beaker's neck! Awesome.

Sam could have used... Different articulation. He looks really good, but I thought his hands could have moved a little better. THe joints there, but it doesn't do much good. Although I'm happy to have them in place for the little bit of movement they offer... And they LOOK good, which is key.

Marvin's revolutionary 'double ball joint per arm' is also a bit more limited than I thought it would be, but again, it was a decent compromise between articulation and costume accuracy. I bought the black and white one for a "
Secret Agent" thing I have planned.

All in all a great set, but not quite my favorite for various reasons. I look forward wholeheartedly to Series 9. I give this wave my lowest rating yet, a 9 out of 10.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I wanted to pick Phil, but the paint made me lead towards Sam.

Reaction score
I'm probably the only person who finds the Marvin repaint to be the best in the wave, but I like how the colors make him look so subdued. My opinion is likely to change once I have shifty-eye Sam.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
I like my fav would have to be Phil. Even though he is sticky, he really is a cool figure that can get into some really great poses. I do like Sam as well, but the eyes being crosses bug me. I preffer the bust. Now tat is a great Sam likeness.
woo yeh phil is the best, but what is up with the stickiness, his feet stuck to my shelf when i tryed to pull him off!!! :wink: