Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

SesameMike

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Remember one where a character of some sort says something like, "Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Step right up and see where t words are the word of the day. Big ones and small ones. Fast ones and tall ones." Then a brief pause. Then he says, "And today's word is..."
Did he say <something> Wordsworth here... after "Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!"? (Was it FAT ones and tall ones?)

I seem to recall one where today's word was "street". Him and another guy ended the sketch by singing "street, street-street street..." to the tune of "On Wisconsin". A tongue-twister effect eventually appeared.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes I think it was FAT ones and tall ones, not FAST ones and tall ones! Thanks for that, that makes more sense. And Wordsworth sounds correct too.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Don't know if this was mentioned before in the thread,been on my mind the whole week(lol),the cartoon from 1 to 20 once done in English,another done in Spanish with a guru character. Another is the alphabet with various characters(fairies,animals),sung by a woman very softly.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember recently seeing this weird psychedelic cartoon on SSU. Three kids were running away from a giant cute rabbit who was chasing them. Then the kids spot three trees and hid behind them. The giant rabbit ran past the trees not realizing the kids were hiding behind them. Once the rabbit was gone, the kids ran in the other direction.

It makes me wonder what that cartoon was all about. :confused:

Ziffel

Reaction score
I've seen the one mentioned here before about the fisherman who isn't catching any fish and then the clam tells him the reason is because he pulled out all the plants. Then the clam explicates by saying, "Everybody knows that little fish eat plants. And the big fish eat little fish. So if there aren't any plants around, there won't be any fish to catch." The guy (who previously had a hilariously confused expression) then gets it and happily says, "That means if I put back the plants, the fish will come back!" The clam says, "Right." So he puts the plants back, catches a fish and kisses it.

One I thought of today also with a fisherman that I haven't ever seen talked about here was the Fisherman Jones one. Remember how he was in a row boat and there was a big fish that he called "The wee little fishy." It was a sketch about prepositions like on, above, under. He was saying how he was in the boat and above the fishy. Then he gets out of the boat and I think goes under water to show that he is now under the fishy. Then he says, "But not for long. I'm gonna get back in my boat." Then as he tries to get back in, the fish swallows the boat whole with a big gulp. The man then says, "Ha Ha, the wee little fishy. Now I can't get in my boat, because my boat is IN the little fishy." Then I think his last line was, "Tricky little fishy." And he is sitting on top of the fish and the fish swims away with the man riding it. I know his name was Fisherman Jones because at one point he says, "The fishy treid to play a joke on Fisherman Jones." It might have been what led to his being out of the boat and in the water. I got a kick out of how he laughs after the fish swallows his boat! Maybe he only had one oar in the water. :wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the 1st fisherman film mentioned.

that was so funny how he ran into the water like a nut pulling out the plants.

sesamestchick

Reaction score
My all time favorite animation is the one where the boy is lost and has to find his way home using all those psychedelic buildings as landmarks.

Another favorite of mine is the Indian sitar music counting to 20. It was pretty cool how the yogi morphed into lotus blossoms. I think that sesame street really invented the concept of "morphing" that became popular with live action in the late 80's

Of course, who could forget the pinball cartoon, the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 racecars, Ladybug's picnic, and all those other classic cartoons from the 70s? :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Don't think these were mentioned: The wet and dry ones. There were several of these. A person would say, "I am dry. He is wet." Then something would happen to make him wet and he'd say, "Now I'm wet, too." One was a dog shook his fur after getting a bath and splattered the water on the dry guy. Another guy had an umbrella protecting him from the rain but a strong wind messed that up and he got wet too (like the people that didn't have an umbrella). Another guy got wet riding behind a motor boat (he says, "Now I'm wet tooooooo...") A fourth one I can think of I forget what happens but at the end he says, "Now I'm wet too" in a most disappointed way. In the others the guys didn't seem so upset about it.

Well, for me, I was dry. Then I took a shower and was wet. But now I'm dry again.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was another where a guy is on a pier and teens who are running towardsa the water and knock him in. don't know if that was done by then accidentally or intentionally.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh yeah I remember that one. It was probably accidental but carelessness (the teens just fixing their entire attention on jumping into the water and totally clueless about bumping into that guy). And this brought to mind another one where a guy is laying out on the beach and says, "I am dry. They (the people swimming and playing in the ocean) are wet." Then a tide comes in and covers him with water. Then of course he says, "Now I'm wet too." This might have been the one I mentioned before where the guy says it in a very disappointed and upset manner.