Petition to keep Sesame Street Unpaved

Ernie101

Reaction score
what channel and time is it on? i only see play with, me sesame and a freckimn sesame too whitch is it?

ssetta

Reaction score
It's on at 3:30 AM EST on weekends.

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't know if I agree with Juliette. A lot of people at SW (formerly CTW) thought Noggin was a bad idea in the first place. The fact that only half of it was owned by CTW. And then, they split the channel into 2, which wiped out most of CTW's programming. And that was even worse. And now, Nickelodeon bought Noggin from SW, so they don't even own it anymore. And the whole point was so that CTW/SW could get into cable, and have their own channel, or half of it, at least. So if they created a channel of their very own, there wouldn't be anyone to buy it, because it wouldn't be half-owned by some other network, CTW would have it all to themselves.

ssetta

Reaction score
Petition update!

The petition now has 102 signatures! This is a lot more than last time I posted! Keep up the good work!

Niall

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Yeah, see what other DVD petitions have gotten loads of signatures (one was started here)! But seriously, a box set of episodes would not be feasible, since there are too many of them, and skits are always repeated. I'd rather go for a 2-disc set of classic skits dating from 1969-89...
Uh...Jeffrey, not that that's a bad idea or anything, but I wager that there's a lot of people who wouldn't be satisfied with only a bunch of classic vignettes from the show, for two reasons: one people have different ideas about what makes a particular skit a "classic". Example, some people think that Ernie pulling Bert's nose off to complete his sculpture was a classic, while for others it was totally forgettable. Other reason: take a look at the seventy or so episodes that Noggin has been showing. IMO, they're more than just a bunch of shows from Sesame Street's first twenty years, they're like a family photo album, or if you a prefer, a chronological timeline of the shows development and history so people can see how the show changed and developed over the years as well as the characters. ie; an orange Oscar, a Big Bird who started out as a goofy clown-like character and then soon took on a
child's personality, and how the adults explained the death of Mr.Hooper to him, and how the adults would finally accept the Snuffle Upagus as real, the marriage of Maria and Luis and the birth of Gabriella -- these are what make the episodes special. To me preserving these shows is like preserving exhibits at your local museum so one has a sense of their history.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Niall, if I were working for Sesame Workshop, I'd put a poll for what skits people would like to see on DVD on a web site. So the FANS would decide what goes on it.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, we now have 108 signatures. It has gone up since the last time I posted on this thread, but it hasn't gone up in about a week. It doesn't look like this petition will work. I think what I might do is start a NEW petition, which would be to have a CTW channel, which may be even better than keeping it on Noggin.

What do you think?