Is this true about Steve Whitmire?

King Jim

Reaction score
It was reading a website and it said.

This was the first major Muppet project after the death of creator Jim Henson. Henson had performed Kermit and the role was now being handed down to Steve Whitmire. According to Whitmire he was incredibly nervous about taking over such an iconic character. The night before he had to go record Kermit's songs for the movie, he had a dream where he met Jim Henson in a hotel lobby and told him how unsure he was. In the dream, Henson reassured Whitmire that the feeling would pass. After waking up, Whitmire was confident and able to do the part.

Is this true?

I got it from:
http://www.movietome.com/movietome/servlet/MoviePage2/movieid-48735/The_Muppet_Christmas_Carol/

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
According to his interview on this site (specific answer found about a quarter or a third of the way down the page here), it's true.

-Kim

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats pretty amazing. I think theres something in that. Maybe Steve was meant to take over Kermit, They share the same birthday which is pretty amazing too.

rexcrk

Reaction score
That's funny, I JUST read that today in IMDb.com, I think that's a really neat little story :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
You know, a few weeks after Jim Henson's death. I too had a dream that I met Jim Henson and he showed me a film about how he does his work and it made me feel a little better after that.

It's almost like Jim's angel can visit peoples' dreams and give them the courage and confidence to go on with life and achieve your hopes and dreams. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There's another interview with Steve around somewhere where he talks about a meeting with Jim (the last time he ever saw him) a few weeks before his passing. Jim told Steve that he was upset that Steve had so few characters to perform, and wanted to try and find him someone to play. Steve then said "I guess he found a way" or something to that effect.

Iggy35

Reaction score
I was in a shop the other day trying to decide between two shirts.
Jim appeared and suggested I buy the blue one.
so I did,.....and I've never looked back!

IGGY35

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Listen to this disturbing Steve Whitmire story I heard today...

I was sitting in my cartooning class (yeah, in homeschool we have these cool classes). And all of the sudden, my table got into a conversation about Muppets. The guy sitting next to me started this weird story that went a little something like this..."I heard that the guy who now does the voice of Kermit hides a demon, that he let loose to kill the other cast members."

I couldn't believe my ears! How could someone, who claims he's a Muppet fan, talk about Steve like this? I was offended.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Iggy35 said:
I was in a shop the other day trying to decide between two shirts.
Jim appeared and suggested I buy the blue one.
so I did,.....and I've never looked back!

IGGY35
No offense, but what Steve said was very important considering the circumstances and I think it's not a good idea to make fun of it.