Anyone else glad that Palisades cut down on the...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I took the stickers for the newsman's set, stuck it to the flat plastic of the clam-shell packaging, then cut that out and am able to insert and remove the screens at will!
That's a really neat idea! As for me I put the picture with Beaker, the one with Gonzo, the one with Kermit and the Koozbanians, and the one with the Swedish Chef on mine. That is, I put those ones on my first set. My figure of the Newsman broke at the neck (I accidentally moved it the wrong way, my bad :sympathy: :attitude: ) but fortunately there are like 3 or 4 Newsman figures at Tower Records near me so I got a new one the other day and put the other 4 stickers on the new set and now I have a mint set of stickers :smile: So actually my stupidity worked out fine, I got a new Newsman figure with a better neck (my original one had a really loose neck that would move on it's own if you'd turn it to either side), I have extra Newsman accessories, and I've got a mint set of stickers.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
I got a new Newsman figure with a better neck (my original one had a really loose neck that would move on it's own if you'd turn it to either side).
What you didn't ever realize is that your action figure was actually ALIVE!! :eek:

rexcrk

Reaction score
****, but what I ACTUALLY meant was that it tilt to either side w/o me touching it :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
****, but what I ACTUALLY meant was that it tilt to either side w/o me touching it :wink: :stick_out_tongue:
ExACTLY! It's ALIVE!! ALIVE!!! HA HA HA HA ha ha...
*Insert Dr. Phil Van Neuter emoticon here*

Reaction score
I still like the playsets...

The problem, as everybody has said, is that they're too expensive for the casual consumer. That being said... what is the Muppet Show without:

1. The front stage! A place where mini set can be set up! With Statler and Waldorf's box!!!

2. Vet hospital (even a small one!)

3. The Electric Mayhem tour bus!!! (I know, rumors about that one have been dashed a long time ago, but I can still hope!!)

I like the idea about offering it directly. However, I'm sure that set up fees would be in the range of LOTS of money so they'd have to sell a bunch to make it worthwhile. That being said, I still think that there is a market for such things, even if only at conventions or PalisadesDirect, and in the interest of appealing to the fans who buy all the rest of the stuff (and try to get all the expensive exclusives, too!)

rexcrk

Reaction score
If I had to choose just one more playset that they were gonna make, I think I would choose the front stage. I could just see how cool it is, even have a little pit for the band or something :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think there is much chance of a Stage via Palisades Direct. Probably financially impossible just via a web outlet. I actually wouldn't mind them doing a cardboard stage playset or arches as a direct or mail in item though.

WiGgY

Reaction score
It would be impossible to do a front stage set through Palisades direct. It just could not happen. The set would be huge, the volume small, the price huge and shipping charges alone would be crazy. It would easily be 100 dollar prior to shipping and I doubt anyon is willing to pay that.

rexcrk

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
It would easily be 100 dollar prior to shipping and I doubt anyon is willing to pay that.
yeee-up! :wink:

Reaction score
If one last playset were to be made it should definitely be Vet's Hospital. Palisades could just take the muppet labs playset and make some changes to it, like switching the lab table with an operating table and completely redoing the walls to make them more like an operating room. Then just pack in Nurse Janice, a chicken and some medical tools and there you go, Vet's Hospital.
I know this is unlikely, but one can dream.