Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock DVD

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Can you imagine how many people don't know about these DVDs that would love to know? Wal-Mart should have a huge sign or something... maybe i'll have to run around the store, scream'n up n down the isles "BUY THE FRAGGLE ROCK DVD IN THE ELECTRONIC SELCTION!"... or maybe not... lol :smirk:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I asked HIT! the best way to give feedback on the DVD, that would make the most impact on future releases. They said fans can write well thought out letters to give their personal thoughts to the HIT! staff. But the best way is to fill out and send in the servey card in the DVD case (it looks like a registration card asking for comments, age, gender, ect.)

This card will help them see what type of people bought this dvd, and would buy more (Families, adult fans, teens, children, casual fans, hard core fans, ect.). Fill it out, send it back. Also tell them if you want season sets, no merged episodes, extras, or anything else in the comments section too. Some DVDs don't have the card for some reason (just like the more DVD coming in fall 2004 card). But if you got one, use it.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Yeah,sadly hundreds are signing warrics petition each day i hope he reads this and post something on the petion to let those thousands of people know about these dvd's.Cause if we get them all to buy these that would certainly help.But obviously people are finding these in the store for a real low price and are buying them up. :wink:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
My store started with 14 when I baught mine now there are only 6! Great news!
Ty

Chuck

Reaction score
I looked at my local WalMart last Tuesday 7/27. Their DVD rack had an empty slot marked for Fraggle Rock...but no copies. Their report said they had 11 copies. The lady was nice enough to go in back to check, but no luck.

I went back today 8/4, and got one. I had to ask again, but the same lady had seen the VHS version and felt they should have the DVD. After a trip to the back again, she brought all 11 out.

BTW -- I stopped into Best Buy on Monday to see if perhaps they had the DVD, but no. Not even an entry that it was on order. So it appears Walmart does indeed have an exclusive.

What others had said are true -- the two "regular" episodes are merged, but this only means HIT doesn't end the first with credits and start the second with the full opening. There is a title break between episodes.

Audio on both episodes is great! Clear, crisp with good bass.

The video is not as good. I expected a sharp picture, but not being digitally remastered or anything, the transfer is average at best.

Getting a third episode was a nice bonus. I did not see any audio lag, but mine had a very annoying humm throughout. I'm assuming HIT threw this one on at the last minute and didn't give it the same treatment.

The Pingu episode is for introduction only. I expected nothing and was satisfied.

But overall -- who cares, eh! I get to dance my cares away with friends of old.

I will definitely send in my survey card and request more!

POCC

Reaction score
Still no Fraggle DVD

I live in the Mountains outside of Colorado Springs. My local Wal-Mart is in the Springs and as this date they still don't have the Fraggle Rock DVD or Video. Thet say it is on backorder but I wonder if some Wal Marts are not included in the test market and will never receive it. I may have to ask someone who can get it to send me one

baby sinclair

Reaction score
From what i hear the dvd is pretty much sold out everywhere so you'll just have to wait till october.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
My Wal-Mart never carried it in the first place. :frown:

Greg

AndyL

Reaction score
Me (in the older thread sometime last month) said:
Consider this : Does buying this out-of-order two-episode disk show HIT that a boxed set would be profitable? Or does it show HIT that more out-of-order two-episode disks would be profitable?

(Making both at the same time would be even less profitable so they're going to have to choose.)
I've been busy lately, so I havn't read this forum or even the headlines here recently, So when someone got me this disk for my Birthday this week I was suprised to see that it lists all three of the first three episodes on it, They hadn't skiped one afterall! YAY!
(I havn't actualy watched it yet, some things can't be rushed!)

I guess I have to eat my words a bit. The Fraggle DVD situation, while still not quite perfect, looks a lot more hopefull than I had thought. (YAY!)

-Andy