Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock DVD

baby sinclair

Reaction score
amen to that this dvd is better than nothing and i'm suprised it did so well. :big_grin: May it bring much more to us.

POCC

Reaction score
The fates have spoken

I was torn between getting this premiere edition of fragglerock or waiting till October for the expanded version. My local Wal Mart never got it so my decision was made for me. Some test when it didn't even make it to all parts of the country. I can only hope the October release makes it here.

Avalon

Reaction score
I finally got around the watching this DVD. I couldn't find it at my local Wal-Mart, but my Mom found it at a one up in PA, so she bought one for herself and sent me one. :stick_out_tongue:

Yes, the video quality isn't mind-numbingly stunning. But compared to the 20 year old videos I've been watching, it's a nice improvement. :smile: I'm wondering if they just used the same masters that were used on the video collections in the early 90s...

As for the audio issues, I didn't notice anything. If anything, I found some improvements. I could hear harmonies in the songs and some background stuff that I didn't recall ever hearing before. But then again, that could be due to the age of my tapes. :stick_out_tongue:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Rock on Fraggle Rock.Sounds like a good item to add to my dvd collection.:smile:

GoMoWeBoRe

Reaction score
I got this huuuge package today wondering what's inside. the HIT-label on the side gave me a clue... . The DVD came along with an odd Barney Plastic Bucket with shovel. Id idnt order this crap, but anyway, its for free...

shipping to europe took about 1 week (instead of 6-8 as stated by HIT)

I love the episodes, video-quality is ok. i wonder why they put pingu-promotion on it as a 'bonus episode', :smirk: he isnt related to fraggle rock in any way...

baby sinclair

Reaction score
On the next dvd pingu has to go.Heres my thoughts for the next release this october.I belive they should have the next 3 eps on and in the bonus eps they should have fraggle rock animated and and an episode of ghost of faffaner hall.Or any other show PRODUCED by HENSON.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Funny you mention animated FR, Baby Sinclair. I just got off the phone with HIT, and they said that the next release (December 21st) will be a re-issue of the same three episodes we already have, but the bonuses will be a couple of FR animated episodes, along with a FR "album" (which is really songs on the DVD that you select and listen to on the TV). No mention what episodes or what songs, but those are the bonuses.

Also, HIT said they have received many requests for season sets and their research team is collecting data to possibly act on this excellent feedback.

So keep your fingers crossed!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
That sounds great :excited:

I am just hoping that the special edition (and the boxset if it will be released) will be more widely released than the current one.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
That sounds great :excited:

I'am just hoping that the special edition (and the boxset if it will be released) will be more widely released than the current one.
Yeah, it's awesome. So keep those feedback cards and phone calls and letters coming, folks!! Also keep in mind Henson has an equal say in all the release stuff (it's not just HIT) so be sure to send feedback to them as well.

The person on the phone said their deal to release FR is exclusively with Walmart, so I doubt it will be different in the immediate future.

I also just realized I previously said the release date for the SE was December 21st. I forgot some of the current DVDs said "more coming in October 2004". The date was pushed back, so 12/21 is indeed correct (as far as I know).

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Sounds awesome december is a very long time to wait hopefully they can throw in bells of fraggle rock also.And i'm happy to hear that hit is really listening to consumers sounds like they really know how to make some REAL money. :excited: