Weezer and the Muppets: Making the Video special

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog

I have the same thing, it's kinda weird. But we're lucky I guess.

Dan
Lucky? I don't really think that's the word I'm looking for...BECASUE I MISSED IT!!!! GRRRRRRR!!! ALL THEY SHOW IS PAPA ROACH!!! What is he? Some sort of European cartoon about roaches that live in little tiny mushroom houses and are chased by Gargamell?

galenfott

Reaction score
At approximately 2:30 this morning (Wednesday the 17th), they showed the video, but not the special. Anyone know when or if they're actually going to show the special again?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Galen,

The special will be airing two more times on MTV2 this week.

Wed 07/17 - 2:30 AM
Sat 07/20 - 12:00 AM

Let us know what you think after you check it out!

galenfott

Reaction score
No, it didn't air at 2:30 this morning. They only showed the video. And I'm wondering if they'll actually show the special Saturday at midnight, or just the video again. Guess we can only wait and see.

galenfott

Reaction score
Ah, now I get it. When they say "2:30am on Wednesday," they really mean "2:30am on Thursday!" In other words, Wednesday night/Thursday morning. And it must have just been coincidence that they showed the video around 2:30am this morning.

Do they show the full video during the special?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad we got it figured out. :cool:

Yes, they show the entire video during the last 5 minutes of the special.

tupo girl

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed that they didn't show more of how the set/muppets were done, but compared to other 'Makings of...', there weren't a lot of set/costume changes, dance numbers, etc that they could show. I do wish that they had talked to Kermit and not Pepe. Not that I have anything against Pepe or anything.

I'm a big Weezer fan as well as a Muppet fan, so this was an absolute treat for me. I think they were the perfect band to do this with. I don't know if anyone else has seen their other videos but they've done one as a band on 'Happy Days' (Buddy Holly) and one with lots of cute cuddly animals (Island in the Sun).

In Christ,
Pamela

Luke

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the Weezer 'Happy Days' video is included on the Windows 95 CD-ROM !