Favorite Oscar the Grouch Moments

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
The first one that sticks out in my head is Marlee Matlin signing Just the Way You Are to Oscar,lol. When Oscar had some of the people on SS invited into his trashcan. Classic moment of course is Oscar singing I love trash. Oscar driving his jalopy.Oscar with Bruno.Especially Oscar with a guest star,they would get all warm and mushy on Oscar.:zany:

Erine81981

Reaction score
My favorites would be when he tricks the cast of Sesame Street and they still fall for it. Laughs every time that happens.

P

Philo and Gunge

But one of my favorite Oscar bits are the street scenes in #3141 where he turns into Prince Charming, wants to marry Gina, is nice, etc.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Oscar listening to conversations,just slightly lifting the lid to his trash can and looking out.:smirk:

Klonoa

Reaction score
I like just about everything Oscar the Grouch does.

Loved his cameo in Great Muppet Caper.

I hope I'm not imagining things, but I seem to remember an early 80's episode of Sesame Street where Oscar goes up into space in a trash can and they show pictures of the moon. Anyone remember that? I thought that was so cool. I hope I wasn't dreaming it.

--Klonoa

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I enjoy the one where James Taylor sings "Whenver I See Your Grouchy Face" to Oscar and when Johnny Cash sings "Nasty Dan". Also the episode where Oscar and Bob go to Grouchland.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
I remember when Johnny Cash sang Nasty Dan with him and he really liked and said, "Wow!... that was really great and say aren't you Johnny Trash?"
Johnny Cash closes Oscar's trash can and says, "HAVE A ROTTEN DAY".

That grouch space ship episode is correct and it's funny when Telly sneaks aboard! There is also another episode where someone lands a big ship on sesame street and oscar joins him for a tour of space. It was another grouch.

The best moment of Oscar the Grouch is when he MUST help Luis fix two things. Mr. Hooper & David LOCKED THERE KEYS TO THE STORE IN THE STORE, so they go and stay at oscars trash can. THEN A WATER PIPE BURST IN SUSAN & GORDONS APARTMENT, so they stay with Oscar. Oscar has no choice but to cooperate with Luis and fix the water pipe and the door locks at the store. He wanted to get everyone out of his trash can!

There was another episode when everyone had dinner at Susan & Gordons apartment and Oscar was there. He had mash potatos, peas, and Gravy mushed on top of meatloaf or what ever meat it was. He even had sardeans.
YUCK!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
My favorite Oscar the Grouch moments...

*Oscar's Grouch Anthem in "Follow that Bird"
*Oscar 's song "I Love Trash"
*Oscar's cameo in "The Great Muppet Caper"
*Oscar moving his can to a more grouchier spot on Sesame Street(episode #4041)
*Oscar and Telly digging their way to China(in the 1983 special "Big Bird in China")
*Oscar and other SS monsters in the background in Cookie Monster's "C is for Cookie" music video
*Oscar singing "Just Throw It My Way"

...and many many others.