The New Muppet Show Cast

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Hi!

After several months of a troubled existence which I call life, I have managed to find a little time to come back. It's good to feel the thrill of comunicating with other Muppet Fans again.

If you search Page 3 of this Thread you will find a Post I wrote TWO YEARS ago about an idea for a new show. I beg for your patience to read it and then come back here or the rest of this post will not make sense to you...

Have you read it? Then go on, please...

Well, since Muppet History has evolved with the last movie, the premisses of my ideal-show would have to be slightly modified - J. P. Gross had ordered a construction company to build a Mall before he died but the Muppets knew nothing about it untill it was finished - and some new characters - Joe, the Armadillo, for instance - would have to be added to the cast.

For two whole years I completly forgot about this idea and now I feel its rush again like if I had had the idea for the first time again. Isn't it great the feeling of having a new idea? I'm feeling more or less the same...

Now that Disney owns the Muppets (it is still hard to believe) maybe they become more receptive to new ideas... I will post the script here anyway, at least it will be fun to check your thoughts about it... If you (fans) like it, then I will try to send it to Disney...

I have a very good idea for the first episode which I will try to write in a script-like form... Tell me what you think about:

The Muppets Rule The Mall - Season 1 - Episode 1

The Phantom Of The Mall

The Muppets are making the final arregements for the grand opening of Muppet Mall. However, some strange things start happening and it looks like the Mall is haunted by a strange figure dressed in a cape and wearing a mask. Every store has weird problems, everything seems to go wrong and the Muppets start to panic and accusing each other. [Guest Star] is scared and wants to leave but Kermit tries everything to keep him/her for the opening. The rumour of the Mall being haunted has brought many more costumers than expected for the opening and when the [GS] number is about to begin, the lights go out and the Phantom of the Mall reveals himself.

I will post the real script as soon as I finish it...

Please, tell me what you think :big_grin:

Blessed Be!

PS: Can you guess who the Phantom is? It is a funny plot-twist in my opinion...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Disney has NEVER been receptive to any ideas except their own. When I was a kid, I submitted several outlines to them for review, but they always got mailed back by a paralegal saying they do not accept submissions and have their own crew of writers, etc. They are VERY closed off from outside sources. Don't bother submitting to them unless you're already on their paycheck, because they will have a legal assistant mail it back to you with obvious folds in the top corner where they photocopied it and a letter saying they never read it.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
We will never know until we try, maybe they like the idea and choose to give me a job :big_grin:

I will post here a script anyway... If you guys sound interested, then I will try to contact them...

Lisa D

Reaction score
I spend way too much time thinking about this...

Okay, might as well throw in my two cents:
Kermit
Piggy
Fozzie
Gonzo
of course

The ENTIRE Electric Mayham with actual speaking roles for a change

Rizzo
Pepe--he's getting a bit over played but is a still a riot
Sweetums, Thog and Beauregard (cause every show needs guys to do the heavy lifting)
and I'm going to agree with the Scooter and Skeeter contingent.

Although I tend to be very old school when it comes to any version of the muppets, I would really like to see lots of new characters too. A bit part of what made the classic show so brilliant was never knwing who, or what, was going to come around the corner. In spite of some serious wrong turns in the new character deparment, there have been some great ones as well. some new reoccuring guys would be cool, and a couple of new bands would be fantastic!

Lisa D :excited:

phipp

Reaction score
I think the new Muppet Show cast should be.

Kermit
Fozzie
Gonzo
Ernie
Clifford
Sam the Eagle
Grover
Clueless Morgan
Gonzo
Leon
Sal
Bill

phipp

Reaction score
The Recommendar Of It

In the Spongebob episode Krab Borg the Dj at Kump is a refrence of Kmup from
Muppets Tonight and if The New Muppet Show comes it is gonna be like it.

WiGgY

Reaction score
How do you know it's a refference? Kump is not the same as Kmup. Maybe they were oing for a different thing altogther.

phipp

Reaction score
How I Know Kmup Is A Refrence

Well the studio Kump is really a parody of Kmup from Muppets Tonight. The evidence is that the room where the Dj is talking to Mr. Krabs on the phone is like the control room from Muppets Tonight.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Wouldn't that be like the control room of any station?

phipp

Reaction score
Not A Coincidence

My opinion is that since both names are simillar and their both in a control room that this is a diliberate refrence. Other wise, this would be too much of a coincidence.

Thank you for discussing the Muppets for me.