PBS shows

Rosewood

Reaction score
It may just be in my area......

mikebennidict said:
what makes you think that about Mr. Rogers?
I'm not trying to cause false-alarm or anything. I don't know it for a fact. It may just be in my area that it's been pushed back so it's only shown at 4 a.m.. But you never know. "Captain Kangaroo" went off the air not long after Bob Keeshan died. And now that Fred Rogers is gone, whats to keep the same thing from happening to his show? The fact is that the stations rarely tell you when a program is on its last season. If that article about "Zoom!" hadn't been posted here, I never would have been the wiser about it. I'm already starting to record every episode of "Mister Rogers Neigborhood" that I possibly can, just in case. I just wish I would have done the same with SS. Believe me, if I would have had ANY idea that SS was going to end up becoming what it is today, I would have taped every flipping episode I possibly could have up to the point that it finally turned into "Elmo Street"! :frown:

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood, Mister Rogers Neighborhood can be found in DVD sets now. Check your local stores.

Rosewood

Reaction score
That's refreshing news...........

BEAR said:
Rosewood, Mister Rogers Neighborhood can be found in DVD sets now. Check your local stores.
Thanks, Bear! I'll check it out.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have to say, I was impressed with my local PBS station when low and behold I was home around 3:00 one day last week and I turned on the t.v. to find Reading Rainbow on! I don't know if anyone is a fan, but I grew up with Reading Rainbow and was so disapointed that it wasn't going to be filmed or shown anymore. So, you can imagine my surprise when I found it on at the exact same time I used to watch it after school growing up. We also still get Mr. Rogers, it's on around 1:00 I believe. Anyway, I just thought that it was interesting that Reading Rainbow was on, so I thought I would share that.

BEAR

Reaction score
Even though it was never on PBS with the other shows (Sesame Street, Mister Rogers, etc...), the show that I really miss the most of all the "lost" shows is Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show. I adored them and I got a lot of their albums. I wish they were still doing things in the public eye. They had a new show in the late 90s called Skinamirink TV, but it wasn't as charming and comforting as the original show.

Xerus

Reaction score
I always thought the science show, 3-2-1 Contact, was pretty interesting. I got disappointed when I finally got Noggin and that show had been removed from it. I'm hoping I can find some of the episodes on video or DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let me just say, it took Mr. Rogers's death for my local PBS station to feel guilty and put him back on regularly.

But seriously, I'm totally extatic that Jay Jay the Jet plane has been recently pulled from the line up.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
why did they axe the show in the 1st place? Usually that's done when the show's ratings are down.

Andrew T

Reaction score
Usually, PBS shows are dropped (or go on hiatus for a few years, as the case might be) when they face insufficient funding.

Reaction score
not sure if this is PBS, or nick but Yo-Gabba Gabba is one of the craziest things ive seen.

Besides the fact that its a guy wearing the most disturbing orange outfit ever, he talks to inanimate objects too. Their songs arent even original, or at leaste using popular songs (Like barney does) They literally sing the same line over-and over for like three minutes.

I recently watched a show about sharing and every character gets a ball to play with and when the slightest thing happens the (Disturbing) monsters have a full blown tantrum (Much like Caillou) and its up to the orange guy to set them straight.

The songs literally were "Its more fun to share, its more fun to share" Over and over again as some talking trees sing along too, and he tosses the ball around with the giant pink monkey.