Creepy New Show On Nick Junior

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
No seriously. I really liked it. :smile: Reminds me of some popular kids music here in Europe. Like Chipz and Aqua. Although Aqua quit a long time ago. These are also Icelandic if I'm correct so they might come from the same company.
that explains it, its the eurpean stuff, personally not my cup of tea. it looked like that band aqua, (shuddders), cant get that barbie song out of my head now, :cry:

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
I auditioned for them as a puppeteer, at Nick Studios in NYC. It was a high paying gig, but I would have had to move to Iceland for 6 months. The puppet that they gave me to audition with was an earlier version of one of the ones on now, and it was in horrible shape. It was all latex and frightening to say the least. All I can say is, it was a blessing in disguise not getting the gig. I would have hated to leave my little girl for such a long period and so far away. But I watched the show with my 8 year old, and she said, "Daddy, this is crap". Of course I told her, "Honey, that's not very nice", and she apologized. But I hate to admit that when she left the room, I couldn't help but laugh a bit to myself and think, "Out of the mouths of babes", eh?​

Treelo

Reaction score
I don't quite know what to make of the show. My first reaction was negative - it made me think of Bjork, actually. Then I watched it a second time, and it grew on me just a bit. I'm not really a fan of it, but it'll be interesting to see if the show finds an audience.

I really disliked the puppets, though. Whenever that style of "semi-realistic" puppet is used, I always wonder why they didn't just go with actual people instead. The puppets don't really add anything to the show, and they don't have much visual appeal. :smirk:

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I watched a few episodes this past summer..yeah I agree as well..Those puppets are freaky!The puppets remind me of those off of cousin skeeter(I MISS The Show!!) but cousin skeeter was more entertaining. :smile:

thatonekid

Reaction score
you know... that show reminds me alot of "floop" on spykids

Hays

Reaction score
Reminds me of Sid & Marty Kroft shows

Not so much in puppets (though in a way the style isn't that far off, except for materials) but more in the writing style: good kid is surrounded by people with bad ideas, superhero comes in and as he teaches everyone the right way, the villain falls into his own trap.

My kid loves it - but won't get off the couch while watching, so I think overall it's not achieving it's goal.