Classic clips DVD

Frazzle

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if PBS for that matter took in the donations to get the clips, then offered them up to paid members? That might pull in some more member support during the pledge times. Kind of like a "Thank you for your monetary support" gift. Who wants a crappy tote bag, if you can have a dvd or boxed set of old SS clips? Can they even do such a thing? I know I would make a generous donation if they offered up such rare old gems. There would probably be too much red tape to do such a thing, because it involves buying the rights to the clips though.

Oliver

Reaction score
How is the quality and how was it packaged?

Did they send you an authentic silver-back DVD or DVD-R and did it come with a menu screen and/or chaper selections?

Did they offer cover art and/or disc label as well?

dustinrn

Reaction score
the quality couldn't get any better.....it's a dvd-r, with scene selection menu and the label on it has the SW logo and the names of my clips.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well,How good is it?That's all we just want to know!! I know it dose'nt get any better.

TashAndMe

Reaction score
Hey dustinrn, it's cool that Sesame Workshop did that for you. I may ask them to do one for me someday. I would most likely buy the DVD myself and send it to them. Then it wouldn't be so expensive. I know that there's no guarantee that they'll do it, but it never hurts to ask.

Saginaw

Reaction score
Now this is something I've got to investigate, but I do have some questions.

Is the search limited only to Classic Sesame Street skits, or could it also involve other CTW/Sesame Workshop programming? I'm looking for a few old "Electric Company" skits that I'd LOVE to see again, not to mention "3-2-1 Contact" and, hopefully, "Villa Alegre", the early bilingual learning show.

How specific does the information on the desired skit have to be? Do they require exact dates or episode numbers?

How long did you have to wait from the time you made the request till the time you received the DVD?

Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing more about this! :smile:

--Saginaw

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Can you order it on their website? I tried to search for it with Sherlock Hemlock, but no dice. Is there another website that I can put on my Favorite Places?

BJ