Best Of TMS DVD sets...

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Well for starters I was unaware that there was 15!!! of these released. My local Wal-mart only ever recieved 5. My question is this. I noticed on ebay there are people that are selling 10 disc sets and some selling 15 disc sets. Any difference in these sets???

Thanks for the response.

rexcrk

Reaction score
the difference in the sets is 5 discs of course! :stick_out_tongue: :halo:

No sry, just messin' with ya :wink:

I actually don't have a clue about it, sorry

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
CyberSteak said:
Well for starters I was unaware that there was 15!!! of these released. My local Wal-mart only ever recieved 5.
The fifteen DVDs were originally released via mail order by Time Life in 2001 and 2002. Shortly thereafter, Sony obtained the rights to rerelease these DVDs at retail outlets (in other words, actual stores). In fact, Sony's original plan was to go as far as releasing twenty different volumes!

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, only about half a dozen of the Sony DVDs were released. And now that Disney has the characters in their clutches, that means the end of Sony handling Muppet DVDs.

Really, the only differences between the Time Life and the Sony DVDs are the various company logos and IDs on the packages and before the menus. The actual content is the same between the two sets.

:cool:

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. 20 dvd's??? Wow...how many episodes were there??? I was just a kid back then (7 yo) so those would be details that would have escaped me.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
There are about 120 or more episodes of tne muppet show not Too many were released to dvd.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
120 episodes. WOW. That sucks. Now I don't know if I should pick up the 15 disc set...or wait and see if another run of these will be coming out that is more complete. Truly one of the most disappointing things about collecting DVD's. There's always a possibility that they'll release the "Super Special Ultimate Collectors Edition" set with 5000 hours of never before seen footage. Hate that.