My Long-Awaited Question

Frogster

Reaction score
In which episode did Gobo start wearing his explorers jacket? I used to think when I was I was little he just switched jackets from time to time. Anyone out there know :smirk: ?

funkydoo

Reaction score
i think he just liked to change his wardrobe every so often clothes do need a wash =O)

Frogster

Reaction score
Did he switch at the episode "We Love You Wembley? Or was it after "The Preachification of Convincing John"? I'd like to know.

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
Gobo's appearance changed after "The Finger of Light" episode. I'm not sure which episode came after that one, though. I'm really glad that he was changed. It seems like his personality changed along with his appearance, doesn't it? In the first episodes with his cardigan and crazy hair it seems like he was a bit quieter and more squeamish. I think that he was definitely more lovable after his appearance changed because he had such a bigger personality. Anyone agree?

Frogster

Reaction score
Definitely. If you look close enough in Let the Water Run, you notice Jerry (Nelson) has two different puppets of Gobo. The one used in the first two episodes only appears in this one when :excited: sings "Do It On My Own." The rest of the time, he looks kind of messed up with shorter hair and more of a bug-eyed look. But yeah, I'd say he just looked better and better as the episodes went by. I also noticed that his hair goes from purple to like a hot pink, or just a much brighter purple. At any rate, Gobo's personality changes too. He's definitely more sure of himself as time goes by. :smirk:

Foodie

Reaction score
Mokey Fraggle said:
Gobo's appearance changed after "The Finger of Light" episode. I'm not sure which episode came after that one, though. I'm really glad that he was changed. It seems like his personality changed along with his appearance, doesn't it? In the first episodes with his cardigan and crazy hair it seems like he was a bit quieter and more squeamish. I think that he was definitely more lovable after his appearance changed because he had such a bigger personality. Anyone agree?

I always liked to think that Gobo had some sort of " coming of age " experience in between those episodes. It kinda seems like there may be a year gap in between those episodes, as well. Gobo changed a bit too drastically ( for the better (( although I still like the original, Vest Gobo is my fav ))) for it to be just a few days or a month later. :smirk:

Nick

Foodie

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Definitely. If you look close enough in Let the Water Run, you notice Jerry (Nelson) has two different puppets of Gobo. The one used in the first two episodes only appears in this one when :excited: sings "Do It On My Own." The rest of the time, he looks kind of messed up with shorter hair and more of a bug-eyed look. But yeah, I'd say he just looked better and better as the episodes went by. I also noticed that his hair goes from purple to like a hot pink, or just a much brighter purple. At any rate, Gobo's personality changes too. He's definitely more sure of himself as time goes by. :smirk:

The Gobo puppet used during the bulk ( or all ) of " 30 Minute Workweek " looks the worst. He looks like some old bird.
:smirk:

Nick

Mokey Fraggle

Reaction score
I'll have to check out that episode again! I always thought that Jerry Nelson changed his voice for Gobo as time went by, also.