Loretta Swit episode

Frogster

Reaction score
I heard Miss Piggy gets fired on this one. Could someone explain in detail to me what happened? And how she was hired back? :mad:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Kermitage.com said:
Miss Piggy plants a rumor in Tongue magazine alleging that she and Kermit were secretly married in Vegas, and Kermit gets so mad he fires her. He asks Loretta to take her place in “Vet’s Hospital” and “Pigs in Space,” where she is a great success. Piggy tries to make a grand, dramatic exit, but she gets to jealous of Loretta that she invades the Swinetrek herself.
Another note: that's the angriest I've ever seen Kermit.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
That particular episode seemed to mark a slight change in the relationship between Kermit and Miss Piggy.Prior to that episode,Miss Piggy had been quite a bully towards Kermit throughout the series.Aside from her displays of jealousy,she did occasional mean and nasty things to him here and there.One example was during Cheryl Ladd's episode in Season 3,where her and Miss Piggy gave a musical performance in her dressing room.Cheryl Ladd displayed karate using a stuffed dummy,while Miss Piggy used poor Kermit to display her famous karate chops.He had so often been the brunt of her hostility over the course of the series.But inspite of how impossible it became for him to fire her during Loretta Swit's episode,her bullying him appears to have stopped ever since that episode.He did get a karate chop from her in The Muppets Take Manhatten and Muppet Treasure Island,but under slightly different circumstances. :smile: :mad:

MockMockChef

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
That particular episode seemed to mark a slight change in the relationship between Kermit and Miss Piggy.
In that episode have Miss Piggy made a false coverstory about that Kermit and her are secretly married in Vegas.Thats whey she was fired.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
her bullying him appears to have stopped ever since that episode.
I hadn't noticed that, but since you mentioned it, Piggy did appear to be a bit less agressive towards Kermit in season five (well except maybe in the Linda Ronstadt episode where she locks him in the trunk). No offense to whoever wrote the Kermitage guide, but I feel that doesn't go into quite as much detail as I would like to see. I'm still kind of fuzzy as to how she was hired back. I wish I could get that one on video or DVD somewhere.

Iggy35

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I hadn't noticed that, but since you mentioned it, Piggy did appear to be a bit less agressive towards Kermit in season five (well except maybe in the Linda Ronstadt episode where she locks him in the trunk). No offense to whoever wrote the Kermitage guide, but I feel that doesn't go into quite as much detail as I would like to see. I'm still kind of fuzzy as to how she was hired back. I wish I could get that one on video or DVD somewhere.
Loretta makes them sing the together song at the end of the Pigs In Space sketch. They get all mushy then sing some more..blackout

IGGY35

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay, I thought I heard that on MC radio. I'd still like to see the episode some time. It sounds really good. Anyway, thanks for the info.

ScooterRocks

Reaction score
At least parts of it are on "the Kermit and Piggy Story", one of the ten videos
they made in 1985. :smile: :mad: