Square puppet

buckshot

Reaction score
i finally got my lazy tail in gear, and finished up my second puppet a few months back. and i finally have a few pics to show. she was totally experimental. i wanted to make a puppet w/ a square head, so i made a box out of foam, and sewed the head to fit it like a sock. criticism is welcome (positive or negative).

square puppet1

square puppet2

(if those links don't work, go to http://photos.yahoo.com/isaacdeaton and click the puppet album.)

gfarkwort

Reaction score
VERY nice...what did you use for eyes.....I like your square head girl it is unique and hasA LOT of character.

buckshot

Reaction score
gfarkwort said:
VERY nice...what did you use for eyes.....I like your square head girl it is unique and hasA LOT of character.
thanks. the eyes are actually from one way street. i'm not too big a fan of their puppets, but they have some decent, cheap accessories.

puppetpackpepe said:
looks like the mouth is hard to move. how does it?
it doesn't have a lot of range, but it's not hard to move. i glued the mouthplate to the foam head, sewed the red mouth to the head covering, and slipped the covering over the foam. i put some elastic bands on the back part of the mouthplate for my hands to slip into. easier to control. still learning. :big_grin:

thatonekid

Reaction score
that's pretty cool lookin'.
what gave you the idea to make a square headed puppet?

buckshot

Reaction score
a lot of my sketches are reeeeally angular. i thought, why not make a puppet based almost exactly on some of those sketches? so i tried. it was a good learning experience. the hardest part for me was getting the covering over the square foam. the covering was cut to fit it, but the neck, is obviously much smaller than the head. trial and error, right?

Bert & Ernie

Reaction score
:crazy: Interesting Puppets you made there! Its good, and ... square! Keep up the puppet making man!