My graduation project

wouter rikken

Reaction score
Hello, I have just become a member but I don’t think of my self as a newbie. A wile back I came here almost every day. I was working on my graduation project and you guys really helped me with some of my questions. I did not become a member than but just roomed the forum. In any case thanks to all who (un knowingly) helped me.

Now I hope you have become curious for my graduation project. :excited:
It off course involves puppets but no foam. I began an ambitious project (making my own puppet animation but I only got around to making the story and four puppets. But I did so on purpose because I wanted the puppets to be perfect. They are meant to be played by one person, Most have movable eyes and mouth. And all look weird or stunning. One of my puppets is based on an rolling barrel to move around. Well I am don blowing my own whistle. :embarrassed:
But I am really glad with the resold and have a lot bigger and harder to make puppets still in mind. When I get more time and money. You can see my puppets (and other projects) on
http://www.botterikken.nl .
The site is in Dutch So it is a bit hard to read for most of you but when you ENTER the site and kick on the button in the lower left corner you will find my puppets.

I must warn you the site is new and a bit heavy. After entering the site the screen will go black because my preloader will not work. The first page is 1 mb so if you have a slow connection or a short attention span I suggest my portfolio at
http://www.portfolios.com/profile.html?MyUrl=wouterrikken

I am goanna stop ranting now and I would like to here your what you think of my puppets and of my website (is it really to slow?)

Greetings and thanks again

I have graduated art school and I have started an business called Studio Botterikken

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Wow! Those are incredible. They are all very unique and you should be proud of yourself! :smile:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
My favorite is "The judge" I just love how the two ears are also his head/body and mouth! Not to mention his eye is inside his mouth, which makes it very unique.... and kinda looks like a deranged version of a clam. I think this is the Picasso of puppet building! :excited: Love It!

-Michele

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is some great stuff...I love the clam, too!!

gfarkwort

Reaction score
VERY AWESOME Puppets DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They remind me of Brian Froud Drawings.....I wanna see some of your animations...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. Really nice. And this is a student project?!

This is what I hate about Europe, they do puppetry so much better over there!!

wouter rikken

Reaction score
Thanks for all your respons!
I need to promote my site and puppets on te web, do any of you have a idear where i can make an extra (puppet) portfolio or place a link on a good page? I am making a link page for my website and I am willing to trade links.

gfarkwort said:
VERY AWESOME Puppets DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They remind me of Brian Froud Drawings.....I wanna see some of your animations...
I will try to get my animation online. What file size is acceptable for you.

I have bin reading the discussions about what materials to use and I will tell my secret ingredient... silecone sealant!!

I used it in many ways but it is best used to get a unbreakable but flexible skin or object. It also has drawbacks because it is un paint able and becomes heavy and to sturdy if you use to much. The ears from The Judge have a core of silicone sealant

More details at request.

Beebers

Reaction score
GREAT artistry - your future has no limits.

:cool: :excited: :cool: