Looking for the film "Traffic Light"

letterman

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I loved Sesame Street immensely as a child in the early & mid 70's.

I would love to find the film about traffic lights that was narrated by two boys. I can only assume that the film I am after is the one titled "Traffic Light" that appeared in episodes #163 and #560. Can anyone here please help me find a copy for myself?

Thanks a lot!!
Francis
PS - I have a website about traffic lights. URL is www.njsignals.com
The SS film on traffic lights was part of my early fascination with these devices.

jrod

Reaction score
Do you mean the one with the song that goes along with the traffic signals? The one I have has a guy driving with a beard and glasses and at the end they sing "Home sweeeet home". Its from an electric company episode.

letterman

Reaction score
jrod, thanks for replying, but no, that isn't the one. The film I remember had two boys (off camera) narrating a sequence of scenes showing traffic lights. At the end, one of the boys says something like, "Did you ever wonder what it would be like if there were no traffic lights?.. THIS!" And they break into vintage Keystone cops scenes of cars piling up in a crazy intersection.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
jrod said:
Do you mean the one with the song that goes along with the traffic signals? The one I have has a guy driving with a beard and glasses and at the end they sing "Home sweeeet home". Its from an electric company episode.
what you're referring to was from The electric Company. i do know what what you mean letterman.

ssetta

Reaction score
How do you know about episodes 163 and 560?

letterman

Reaction score
ssetta said:
How do you know about episodes 163 and 560?
I did a search in this forum. I sent a private message to one of the posters who mentioned one of the episodes. Anyways, this forum seems to be my hope to find this old film!

letterman

Reaction score
B U M P

Just hoping that someone can get me a copy of one of these episodes! :smile:

letterman

Reaction score
B U M P

Just checking back in...anyone with a copy of "Traffic Light" out there? :frown:

Ziffel

Reaction score
I remember that one pretty well. After that one boy says, "THIS!", that music is really fun. Dih dih dih dih dih DIH dih dih .....
Then it consummates in an offscreen collision crash sound. Then the other boy says, "I'm glad we have traffic lights" with a final shot of a traffic light (with the green light lit).
Sorry I can't say that I have it, letterman. Just had to comment about it, though!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the film was kind of wierd in a way. the light turns green and wejust watch while the cars drive and people walk across the street and this guitar music is playing. though still interesting to watch.