Looking for the film "Traffic Light"

mikealan

Reaction score
letterman said:
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I loved Sesame Street immensely as a child in the early & mid 70's.

I would love to find the film about traffic lights that was narrated by two boys. I can only assume that the film I am after is the one titled "Traffic Light" that appeared in episodes #163 and #560. Can anyone here please help me find a copy for myself?

Thanks a lot!!
Francis
PS - I have a website about traffic lights. URL is www.njsignals.com
The SS film on traffic lights was part of my early fascination with these devices.
I think it was used on Unpaved #2208

letterman

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the replies, folks! Any advice on how best to snag a DVD or VHS copy of the right episode? According to what I've read in this and other threads, I believe that it appeared in episodes 163, 560 and 2208. I just need any one of them, though I'd sure love to see it in it's original context!

Thanks in advance...

letterman

Reaction score
Well, after several years searching, the "traffic light" at the end of the tunnel is appearing! I understand that the Traffic Light short film is indeed on the Old School DVD, so I am getting it pronto!!

I also hope the letter V cartoon (Viking navy on a voyage over the waves) is included...

Ziffel

Reaction score
That v one wasn't included but it IS on youtube. That sure was a little creepy but I liked it. Love how he says, "Vegetables!" And bizarre that they said, "Vigilantes". I had no idea what they were saying when I was a child, though, having never heard of the word yet.

And yeah I really was glad to get to see the traffic light one again too. First time in over 30 years for me. And here's an interesting "traffic without traffic lights" video from youtube. There's also other videos there like, "The case against traffic lights". And I heard in the news recently that somewher ein Europe I think they are talking about doing away with traffic signs (not sure if lights are included too) and that most Europeans are okay with it! You would think what SS pointed out in the early 70's on what would happen if we didn't have traffic lights is right on the mark but maybe it's not as dangerous as it seems. But I still think we should leave things the way they are here in America, especially considering all the crazy drivers we have! :crazy:

letterman

Reaction score
I'm really happy with the Old School DVD. Almost everything from those days was good. Funny thing is, the Traffic Light film was a mild letdown because I had hyped it up so much in my mind.

The best part may be the sales pitch reel. That is a great piece of television history, even if it wasn't aired on TV.