Ask Ken at Palisades

bw0000

Reaction score
Ken, did you go to college in Savannah? That's only about 2 and a half hours away from me.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Yeah I did. Went there for the graduate program...only college I know that offers a graduate degree in comic book art!

Struble

Reaction score
Re: Stulz

Originally posted by frogboy4
I could have sworn you had a link to a comic site floating around here. Must have gotten you confused with somebody. :eek:
Gonna go out on a limb and let my ego guess -- and hope -- you were talking about |my| site. And then I'll say, "Thank you."

You do mean mine, right? The one linked in my sig? Cute Bunny on the splash page, weird comics about drunken penguins on the inside? :smile: Whole military motif?

Someone said I was |lucky| that I was going to the Sandy Eggo con. Well, that's kinda true, but... I'll be there |for work.| So, I'll be lucky enough to go run and grab m'self an invisible Fozzie, but the rest of the time I'll be standing around screaming, "$1 CD! GET YOUR $1 CD" and "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BUY MY COMIC!" and "IF I CAN'T TAKE YOU HOME, WILL YOU PLEASE TAKE MY COMIC HOME." And then when I get a chance to |leave| my table -- located in the well-avoided Small Press Quarantine -- I'll spend that time trying to convince some editors at different companies to give me colouring work.

So, I'll get myself the Fozzie -- as well as all of series one (I just learned about the figures) -- but I'll be going crazy the rest of the time.

Sh. just realized they show Sesame Street twice a day, and there was no need for him to wake up |this| early.

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
I'm bummed I missed all of the Weird Al talk over the weekend. There was a time I would have done just about anything for a Weird Al action figure, but that time has passed.

In the mid-Eighties I won a song-writing contest on the radio for spoofing Born In The USA and the prize was a Weird Al T-shirt. I wore that shirt with pride and when the bully on the schoolbus said "Weird Al sucks" I countered with "YOU suck" and was treated to one of the most uncomfortable experiences a stick-bodied thirteen year old has to face - a public beating.

Anyway, years later in the early 90s, I had a chance to see Weird Al in concert and went for it. After the show, my friend and I waited at the tour bus with the other die-hards. I got my T-shirt (a different one than the one which got me pummeled) signed and my friend, eager for some autographed memorabilia, took off his sock and asked W.A.Y. to sign it. He refused. I thought this guy was supposed to be weird and here he was refusing to sign a sock (albeit fresh off a sweaty foot). Oh well. I decided then that I wouldn't take any more beatings on behalf of someone who wouldn't give a fan something to remember and hold special.

Whatever. The guy is still a genius. UHF rules!

I saw a midnight showing of Goonies over the weekend here in New York. Now there is a line of toys I would LOVE to have seen (although the fan base is probably pretty week to warrant such a thing).

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
The Count

Big Mama was the brown monster with pointy ears and a very large mouth. Debuted in the Don Knotts episode, also appeared in the "Ugly" number with the other monsters, a couple of spots in the Rich Little episode (as well as the goodnights of this episode and the Zero Mostel episode), he ate John Cleese's agent and ate Miss Piggy in the Carol Burnett episode. The name Big Mama, though, was never actually used on the show or in anything else the monster appeared in (for that matter, neither was DogLion Beast).

DogLion, to my eyes at least, is kind of grayish, shaggy, has a rectangular head and dark grey horns and a more or less black face. He debuted in the Madeline Kahn episode, appeared in the animal shelter sketch with Dom DeLuise (along with Big Mama), the closing number on the Cloris Leachman episode, he did "Beauty and the Beast" with Lesley Ann Warren, was in the number "He's the Greatest Dancer" with Lola Falana, and assisted Doug Henning in his final illusion on his episode.

The rest of the questions have been answered, though I wouldn't call the Snowths aliens. They're just creatures.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

towels

Reaction score
Yeah, I invited Al to my birthday party several years back. He was even in town that day too, but never even bothered to decline...maybe I gave bad directions or something...ah, what life was like before mapquest...
Another time I won the album of my choice from a radio station's "prize closet" which strangely enough, was a closet. I scored an autographed "Polka Party".
Saw him in concert about a year ago. I have to give him props, he certainly is able to cover a whole range of music- check out the Running with Scissors album- rap, Nine Inch Nails-ish, and the truly bizarre Albuquerque (far weirder than any of his previous original tracks)
Okay...back to figure chat now...
What's the dwindling number of VC Beakers down to?

matleo

Reaction score
Ken

how long/tall are the lobster bandits and do they have any articulation? I was asking cause I think it might be soemthign to take into account as you're trying to figure out the size of Rizzo/Pepe.

--Matt

grail

Reaction score
if you got the collector's club pic of Rowlf, the lobsters are in there...they look pretty good sized...

at least i THINK those are the lobsters...and don't forget those were prototypes, so they're at 1.25 scale (thanks again for the answer Ken) but still in scale with the Rowlf we saw.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is this the final Beaker delay?

I was just sent my 5th delay notification from EB Games! They say the release date of Muppet Labs set will be July 31st! And TRU reports a release date of August 15th (and they still don't have a picture of their own Kermit exclusive).

Now, I have absolutely no problem with Palisades because it is evidently not their fault, but what the heck is up with these new push backs? I can understand a couple weeks, but they've already done that several times before and these have already popped up in some stores and in the UK.