Muppet DVDs: Widescreen vs. Pan and Scan

Movies205

Reaction score
Will we ever see WS version of Treasure Island and Christmas Carol? Will we ever see more releases of the Muppet Show?

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Regarding the widescreens, I'm hoping. I won't get those DVD's until then. Because sure enough, the month after I pick up full screen...the widescreen would be released. Hmmm...maybe I should pick up the full screen then...it'll speed up the process!!!

I'm all for more muppet DVD's. But hopefully they'll just add to the ones that already exist and not mix and match new releases with old.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I bought the MTI DVD today. It's good and have fun extras and I like the menu. Deleted scenes would be nice.

There is still a lot of extras that could be added so I hope the DVD is released again in wide screen. For some reason the menu comes up as wide screen on my computer and the movie is still full. That was pretty stupid.

dlphntat

Reaction score
I agree that these movies should be done as widescreen, but in order to not live without them, I listed them on my Amazon wish list.
My family can get me a good present, and I save my money in hopes of eventual widescreen happiness

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
Why prefer widescreen anyways? I'd much ratehr have fullscreen anyday. Why have a big TV if you're only going to use part of it?
I have the whole Muppet Movie Set on DVD. (a present from my boyfriend) he put my engagement ring in Muppet Christmas Carol, to bad I didnt watch it for days after he gave it to me...
I LOVE the DVDs for all the extras. But if they DO come out with a widescreen, Ill buy but only if there are NEW special features.
Keep me updated! :flirt:

dlphntat

Reaction score
why prefer widescreen? why not?

Most of us remember movies from seeing them in a movie theatre, so seeing them in 'pan and cram' really changes the way they look.
There is a great example of the differences between here atTHIS LINK
Widescreen format shows the movies in the way they were intended to be seen, and shows you more of the movie. Just my 2 cents. :crazy:

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Looking at that link... you just may have convinced me.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
dlphntat said:
Most of us remember movies from seeing them in a movie theatre, so seeing them in 'pan and cram' really changes the way they look.
There is a great example of the differences between here atTHIS LINK
Widescreen format shows the movies in the way they were intended to be seen, and shows you more of the movie. Just my 2 cents. :crazy:
Very well put, and I'm gonna save that link for a couple buddies who still "dont' get it". I used to work at a theatre, so it's nothing but Widescreen for me. Just need to pick up a widescreen plasma TV one of these days! :smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I was never really convinced until I bought the "Ghostbusters" DVD about 4 and a half years ago. There was a reference and example of it on the extras. Since then I've been a widescreen fan. :smile: