Muppet DVDs: Widescreen vs. Pan and Scan

anathema

Reaction score
abkeating2000 said:
In USA are people actually able to get widescreen TVs yet or have they not caught on? Last time I was there I don't remember seeing any. UK is much, much bigger on widescreen TVs, so no black bars. Well I do get black bars when I watch "fullscreen" DVDs!!!
They are starting to appear, but mainly HD sets.

The UK DVD was fullscreen (as is the UK MTI) but without the extras for some reason (copyright?).
Don't you mean "widescreen"? ;-)

abkeating2000

Reaction score
Don't you mean "widescreen"? ;-)[/QUOTE]

Ooops :embarrassed: - yes I do!

So why is MCC in fullscreen when MTI isn't - that doesn't make sense? Also from what I remember the print seemed a bit muddy and dark. I'm hoping it'll get shown on TV again this year in all its glory :smile:

Andrew

WiGgY

Reaction score
What I don't get is that AVMMC was shot in wide screen and on the DVD it's crappy full screen. Yet the bloopers and stuff are wide screen.

I don't know why anyone would want full screen. It's insanity. "Hey, I want my movies chopped off on both sides! Don;t show me the whole picture!" Dark Crytal is a movie that MUST be wide screen. Full screen kills that movie.

anathema

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
I don't know why anyone would want full screen. It's insanity. "Hey, I want my movies chopped off on both sides! Don;t show me the whole picture!"
Yet people still write oh-so-hilarious letters when a TV station airs a letterboxed movie: "I'm paying for a full picture here, I don't want you cropping the top and bottom off!"

WiGgY

Reaction score
anathema said:
Yet people still write oh-so-hilarious letters when a TV station airs a letterboxed movie: "I'm paying for a full picture here, I don't want you cropping the top and bottom off!"
People who write letters have way too much time on their hands. Stupid letter people. We should write letters saying we are paying to see the entire movie! Let's see who's letters win.