Main Tools?

Jonathan

Reaction score
Im going to Hobby Lobby sone. What Main Supplys/tools do I need to build a Puppet of Rod of AVENUE Q. Please get back to me as soon as possible
-Jonathan Lewis

thatonekid

Reaction score
if ur good enough to make an avenue Q puppet u should be good enough to know what u need. :wink:
i have no idea what you would need for a puppet of that quality, but i'm sure that you would need to go to more places than just Hobby lobby. :smile:

p.s. no harm intended

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Im going to Hobby Lobby sone. What Main Supplys/tools do I need to build a Puppet of Rod of AVENUE Q. Please get back to me as soon as possible
-Jonathan Lewis
you will need to go to

a fabric store or upholsery store for foam rubber

you will need sharp scissors, razor blades, needles ,thread,

the eyes were vacu form plastic, so you will need to find a substitue for them, maybe plastic spoons

the hair is fur

you will need to order some antron fellce and dye it, or buy some polar fleece (a reasonable substitute)at a fabric store ,

then you will need to buy a small suit (one made for kids) and shirt and tie, and alter them to fit a puppet.

and lastly lots of patinece.

one store is not going to carry all that you need, :smirk:
good luck

Jonathan

Reaction score
Thank you for the advise. I when to hobby lobby and could find ANYTHING that might help me!

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Not a suggestion to what to get. but a method I picked up somewhere - which I will be doing on my puppet.

Vacuum formed eyes - well almost. Get a vacuum cleaner (the nosel bit) and some of that thin plastic put it over the vacuum holder hole then start to heat the plastic up with a heatgun or something. Dunno if that'll work, but I'm gonna try it.

Found that technique somewhere... someone was making Yoda eyes or something...

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Careful that the "softening" of the plastic doesn't take tooooo long and you end up blowing the motor on the vacuum. :eek:

That would really.... suck. *laughing* sorry, couldn't help myself. :big_grin:

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Um, yes, ANYWAY!

I'm trying to look for that page but can't find it now... anyone know where/what I'm talking about?

But yes - be very careful with the plastic and vacuum cleaner! Make sure its an old one!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
...and remember that plastic is extremely toxic. Make sure to work in well-ventilated area!

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Oh of course! I thought the safety precautions were common-sense! Glad you're here to make sure people who don't have any know, thanks Buck!