Will Disney air the Muppet Show?

McFraggle

Reaction score
Fraggle Lover said:
I heard somewhere they are going to play some muppet episodes, but they are not going to make it a regularly scheduled program. I believe only on special occasions though. Besides why would they all the sudden after many years improve the website muppetsgo.com? :smirk:
Probably because they bought the brand. :wink:

Reaction score
I would watch it, but the current Disney channel shows aren't that great anymore. They are coming out with stupid shows. The Muppet Show would make a great impact on it in my opinion.

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
Fan campaigns work great sometime! Look what it did for Family Guy they got boxed sets and brand new episodes and tons of new merchandise.
I think it would be best aired on ABC Family. It would fit in with the programs really well. I don't see Disney Channel because they are geared towards Pre-schoolers and Young Adult/teens.
Don't give up, the fans have a lot of pull in those kind of decisions!

McFraggle

Reaction score
I agree that ABC Family would be a better fit.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
I don't think it would get a big enough rating to take teh chance. Disney's having some serious issues as it is getting people to watch.

I'm taking a visualization in the media class and I'm the only one--other than the prof--who actually appreciates the muppets for what they were/are. We have one guy who is my age who refuses to believe the same "stupid people" who created the muppets created Sesame Street. Because SS is well made, while all Muppet shows/movies are "crap"

there were many nods of agreement to what he said... I was so frustrated... South Park is considered "great" TV... but Muppets aren't

it's a sad, sad, sad, sad world today :frown:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Part of the issue is that The Muppet Show hasn't been seen on TV regularly for many years. So the only things that get any airplay are the new Muppet material, not the classics that the Muppets made their name by.