Disney CEO Eisner to Step Down in Sept 2006

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
Link to the Reuters story:
Disney CEO Eisner to Step Down in Sept 2006

Could Eisner stepping down spell trouble for the Muppets? I know Michael Eisner played a key role in the decision to purchase the Muppets and had high hopes for their future at Disney. Here’s what he said in an interview with Larry King:

“To me, Kermit is one of a kind. Mickey is one of a kind and Winnie the Pooh is one of a kind. And I think we have the ability with our company, with synergy and the Disney Channel and movies and television to have Kermit become as strong as Winnie and Mickey.”

With Eisner gone will the Muppets be less of a priority? I hope not...

McFraggle

Reaction score
As long as the Muppets make some coin for the company, they should be alright. :wink:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Hopefully the Muppets get a chance to do some stuff before 2006 and "prove themselves" to Disney. I doubt whoever is after Eisner will stop the Muppets from growing and being great.

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Hopefully the Muppets get a chance to do some stuff before 2006 and "prove themselves" to Disney. I doubt whoever is after Eisner will stop the Muppets from growing and being great.
I think you're right. If the Muppets are able to generate enough momentum prior to Eisner's departure, the new CEO will certainly look to continue their growth. Let's hope Eisner continues his plan to extend the 'Muppet brand' before he leaves.

rowlfster

Reaction score
Also depends on how much they paid for it, as they will need to get the Return on Investment

McFraggle

Reaction score
With what they were rumored to have paid for them, I doubt they will have any trouble getting ROI. :smile:

suggsy

Reaction score
Of course, Eisner just bought the Muppets to make up for losing Pixar. And it seems that Pixar will stay with Disney once Eisner has gone so everybody wins.