Disney CEO Eisner to Step Down in Sept 2006

McFraggle

Reaction score
suggsy said:
Of course, Eisner just bought the Muppets to make up for losing Pixar. And it seems that Pixar will stay with Disney once Eisner has gone so everybody wins.
I hope so. :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Source: http://gelflingwaldo.blogspot.com/2005/03/robert-iger-named-new-disney-ceo.html

The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors announced today that Robert A. Iger has been unanimously elected Chief Executive Officer of the Walt Disney Company effective September 30, 2005. He will succeed Michael D. Eisner, current CEO, who announced his intention to retire in a letter to the Board last year, and will step down as CEO on September 30, 2005. Iger first became part of Disney's management team in 1996, when The Walt Disney Company acquired Capital Cities/ABC, where Iger had been president and chief operating officer. Iger has been chairman of the Disney-owned ABC Group, and guided the complex merger of ABC with The Walt Disney Company. He has also been president of Walt Disney International, where he created an organization embracing Europe, the Asia-Pacific Region and Latin America. As Disney's president and chief operating officer, Iger works with Michael D. Eisner, chief executive officer, in overseeing all aspects of The Walt Disney Company's operations on a worldwide basis. It is unsure how this change in leadership will affect the Muppet Holding Company, the division of Disney that over sees the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House properties. Eisner, who was a driving force in the Muppet/Disney deal, has been a strong supporter of building the Muppets up and working with the characters - lets hope that Iger understands, recognizes, and supports the Muppets as well...only time will tell.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Source: http://gelflingwaldo.blogspot.com/2005/03/robert-iger-named-new-disney-ceo.html

The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors announced today that Robert A. Iger has been unanimously elected Chief Executive Officer of the Walt Disney Company effective September 30, 2005. He will succeed Michael D. Eisner, current CEO, who announced his intention to retire in a letter to the Board last year, and will step down as CEO on September 30, 2005. Iger first became part of Disney's management team in 1996, when The Walt Disney Company acquired Capital Cities/ABC, where Iger had been president and chief operating officer. Iger has been chairman of the Disney-owned ABC Group, and guided the complex merger of ABC with The Walt Disney Company. He has also been president of Walt Disney International, where he created an organization embracing Europe, the Asia-Pacific Region and Latin America. As Disney's president and chief operating officer, Iger works with Michael D. Eisner, chief executive officer, in overseeing all aspects of The Walt Disney Company's operations on a worldwide basis. It is unsure how this change in leadership will affect the Muppet Holding Company, the division of Disney that over sees the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House properties. Eisner, who was a driving force in the Muppet/Disney deal, has been a strong supporter of building the Muppets up and working with the characters - lets hope that Iger understands, recognizes, and supports the Muppets as well...only time will tell.

For me.....wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy deep down, i DON'T think this will hurt the Muppets any! :wink:

christyb

Reaction score
This puts a new twist on things. So what happened to Eisner stepping down in 2006??

McFraggle

Reaction score
It could change things a little, but I stand by my earlier comments. :smile:

P

Philip Kippel

suggsy said:
Of course, Eisner just bought the Muppets to make up for losing Pixar. And it seems that Pixar will stay with Disney once Eisner has gone so everybody wins.
Let's hope that Amblin Entertainment and Lucasfilm will get back together with Disney after Eisner leaves as well.

Movies205

Reaction score
If anything it's great for Disney because it was time for Eisner to go :smile:

Xela

Reaction score
Eisner was messing things up for Disney though, wasn't he? I didn't like him. :attitude:

I doubt it will have any effect on the Muppets though.

Movies205

Reaction score
Xela said:
Eisner was messing things up for Disney though, wasn't he? I didn't like him. :attitude:

I doubt it will have any effect on the Muppets though.
The common misconception about Eisner is that he's a terrible guy who ruin things at Disney. SImply not the case, he made Disney what it is today along with Frank Wells and Jeff Katzenburg. Well Frank died and Jeff left to go make Dreamworks and Eisner was never the creative guy, he was the buesiness guy so in essence Eisner over-stayed his welcome at Disney.