IRC #muppets is now up and running...

Luke

Reaction score
Well there is something called PHPMYCHAT or something similar to that - it interfaces with THIS forum script (Vbulletin) and you can see an indication on the main forum page as to how many people are chatting like 'XX People In Muppet Central Chat Room' - That would be very cool to have here when the official chat launches !

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Oh, OK. I don't even have enough time to moderate the channel 24/7...but I want to be able to chat with Muppet fans A.S.A.P...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Well there is something called PHPMYCHAT or something similar to that - it interfaces with THIS forum script (Vbulletin) and you can see an indication on the main forum page as to how many people are chatting like 'XX People In Muppet Central Chat Room' - That would be very cool to have here when the official chat launches <<<

oh yeah, on the forum index page, and indicator who is chatting. well it might be implemented one of these days!
as for AOL chats, do you have to be a part of AOL? as for 9 years I have detested there chacanery:wink:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
No, you don't have to have AOL... I also detest them, and have been boycotting for years. I did just download AIM though, and have thus far been pleasantly surprised. Or horrified. I am still feeling guilt.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Oh, OK. I don't even have enough time to moderate the channel 24/7...but I want to be able to chat with Muppet fans A.S.A.P...
I hope we didn't put you off - what you are doing is very cool, as soon as i get some time i'll certainly be along.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't want to download AOL IM, I'd recomend AIM Express. It has the basic features in the IM, but you don't have to install the full version of the software on your system. You can load it from a browser window (on any computer). Might be an alternative for some of you who don't like AOL.

http://www.aim.com/get_aim/express/aim_expr.adp

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Well thanks Phil, I guess that is what I downloaded then. It certainly seemed "express", as it took about three minutes total, and I just did it off the website. Now maybe the guilt will be eased.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
OK...for anyone who wants to come to #muppets, don't worry if I am not on...I have other things that keep me away from the computer sometimes...but I will come to the channel and moderate it whenever I can...

Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray said:
OK...for anyone who wants to come to #muppets, don't worry if I am not on...I have other things that keep me away from the computer sometimes...but I will come to the channel and moderate it whenever I can...
Jeff, e-mail me and I'll send you info of where an existing irc muppet chan exists of about 40-60 people on average

-Evan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Every night on AOL IM there is about 12 of us, So thats good enough for me ! Seeya

That's normally where I be seein' folkses at!! True dat, G-dawg!