Two more casting confirmations for Wiz of Oz

WiGgY

Reaction score
Because sometimes they don't want to do it. They tried something different with Tambor and it didn't work. He's just not a bad guy. He's funny, but not a bad guy. He should be much better as the Wizard. At least he wasn't as bad as that psyco in Swamp Years. I mean, what the **** was that about? He was awful. I know it was a kids movie, but even kids movies deserve good actors. It's the only muppet production I can not stand to watch.

McFraggle

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Because sometimes they don't want to do it. They tried something different with Tambor and it didn't work. He's just not a bad guy. He's funny, but not a bad guy. He should be much better as the Wizard.
I agree, the role didn't really fit his talents. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
G-MAN said:
Does it have anything to do with the fact that your location still says 3004?
Well, that's one thing. Part of me knows how it ends up, the other part can't remeber anything from that time in 3004...

Edit: Gosh I only just picked this stuff up, sorry, I have to go searching through old threads and reserected this one to add an edit in here. Sure I know how it ends. I watched it the other day...don't. Beau (3004)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I agree, the role didn't really fit his talents. :smile:
I don't think he was supposed to be a bad guy, he was just doing his much underappreciated job!!

My favorite thing in that film is when they all start laughing and he suddenly bellows out: DON'T.....LAUGH.....AT.....MEE!!

The next exchange of lines is when he's calling himself the names everyone else called him, and Gonzo is agreeing with everything until he says something like, "or Manic, psychotic demented idiot." Gonzo says, "Well, you got me there."

MFS is a great film!

McFraggle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I don't think he was supposed to be a bad guy, he was just doing his much underappreciated job!!
I don't think of him as a villain either. I think he is just a man doing his job and unfortunately that goes against our Muppets. But I don't think of him as a bad guy like a Doc Hopper. He (Tambor in MFS) is more of a neutral character than anything. :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:

My favorite thing in that film is when they all start laughing and he suddenly bellows out: DON'T.....LAUGH.....AT.....MEE!!

The next exchange of lines is when he's calling himself the names everyone else called him, and Gonzo is agreeing with everything until he says something like, "or Manic, psychotic demented idiot." Gonzo says, "Well, you got me there."

MFS is a great film!
Those are good parts. He's good for stuff like that. Villian is not a part he's good for though.

Movies205

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Sorry, Movies, WiGgY, etc. Yeah, I am bitter about this WoOz subject all and sundery to do with it. Sorry I didn't mean to take it out on you guys. No I can't explain why just now.

I'll just shut up on the subject.

Sorry,
Beau
I kind of agree with your opinion about muppet in space, but I can see him as the Wizard of Oz. Also the casting I kind of like the casting of Ashanti mainly because I'm assuming she has a good voice, and one of the great things about the muppets is the music and how there movies and things never come across as musicals but have a good bit of music in them. All very good pieces of music I might add :smile:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
just realized that tambor was in hellboy as I watched it for a second time yesterday. he was great in that movie, too :smile:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Movies205 said:
I kind of agree with your opinion about muppet in space, but I can see him as the Wizard of Oz. Also the casting I kind of like the casting of Ashanti mainly because I'm assuming she has a good voice, and one of the great things about the muppets is the music and how there movies and things never come across as musicals but have a good bit of music in them. All very good pieces of music I might add :smile:
She may have a good voice, but I worried Ashanti can't act...she hasn't done much acting, and now she has to try and carry a movie.