When will Palisades Toys announce later series?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well yes, but Ken said that would be the extreme route they'd go with if the line truly died at the B&M stores and they had no other recourse but to sell the figures through their own web store. Not rully afraid of it coming to that yet. The EB stores around me have been carrying the line since S1 waaaaaay back when, and I've supported them by buying almost everything there. And since I plan to buy my set of S9, and they keep saying that the figures do indeed sell, I'm not afraid of the line dropping to exclusive web retail just yet.

Luke

Reaction score
Well i guess as Ken says "Anything is Possible" so yeah, keeping buying the figures is the main thing!

Reaction score
Series 9 looks like it should sell very well. The only figure I'm a little worried might not do so great sales-wise is Pops. He's not nearly as popular as Chef and Fozzie, and even Lips has being a Electric Mayhem member going for him. I'd hate see Pops be a poor selling figure like Clifford was.

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm definately getting Pops. He and Chef are the ones I really want, and maybe Lips. But Pops rocks my world.

beaker

Reaction score
Beaker & Gonzo said:
Series 9 looks like it should sell very well. The only figure I'm a little worried might not do so great sales-wise is Pops. He's not nearly as popular as Chef and Fozzie, and even Lips has being a Electric Mayhem member going for him. I'd hate see Pops be a poor selling figure like Clifford was.

It's funny how people only want a figure they remember, what about the look of it? At any rate, I think ultimately, the line should have been the scale or thereabouts of the mini Muppets...just with articulation, and been $5-$6 each, ala the Hasbro Star Wars line. Oh yes, instead of big clunky figures with varying degress of accurate likeness, we would have gotten uncanny likenesses, figures that dont take up a lot of room or zap to much fromt he wallet, and mountains more characters.

Luke

Reaction score
I really like them the size they are actually, kinda like statues. The mini likenesses are ok but its not quite the same.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Some of the minis are a lot better than the figures, but not all. Kermit is better, but not Gonzo. Beaker would have been better with an actual mouth. I do think a smaller scale would have helped. Rizzo wouldn't be able to have articulation, but we'd have a lot more figures.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
naw, I like the scale they're at now. How would you get smaller figures in a tiny scale? Muppaphones woulda been the size of peas....sucky. :smirk:

WiGgY

Reaction score
In a smaller scale the muppaphones wouldn't have been separate pieces. They would have been sculpted into the stand. And the current ones are oo small anyway. They really should be bigger.

The good thing about a smaller scale would be that playsets wouldn't have to be so dang HUGE!!!! At half the size they could have been half the price and we could still be getting them. But nothing you can do about. Just think, these figures were going to be bigger than they are now. think Kermit was suppose to be a full 5 inches tall. Imagine how big the others would have to be.

Luke

Reaction score
It might have worked well in a slightly smaller scale, but not as small as the minis. I guess they could have put them out as two packs or something like AOD. You would never have got such great accessories though and they are really what have made this line just as much as the great likenesses (in most cases).

It would have helped storage space though - my room is full up with cardboard boxes full of Palisades Muppets. It's getting like a warehouse in here - i can only just about see the monitor as i type this. *peers over*